Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community


You are not connected. Please login or register

Quake vs Quake 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Quake vs Quake 4 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 am

I have no understanding whatsoever what quake is and/or was from the first to the up-to-date version. i came here to ask if Qonquer works on quake 4 and if not, explain, even a little.

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/NZPOnline/

2 Re: Quake vs Quake 4 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 am

jastolze

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Dr.EdwardRichtofan wrote:I have no understanding whatsoever what quake is and/or was from the first to the up-to-date version. i came here to ask if Qonquer works on quake 4 and if not, explain, even a little.

Never played quake 4 before, but I'm pretty sure that unless it can read a progs.dat file, it won't be able to run it. Qonquer is a Quake 1 mod, therefore, it generally only works on quake 1. Quake 2 looks for gamex86.dll files (for windows) Quake 3 looks for .PK3 files, (I think) and I'm not sure what Quake 4 uses. If you google this I'm sure you can find your answer: "Quake 1 mods on Quake 4"

On the other hand, Darkplaces, which is Quake 1 engine, can run Quake 3 maps, so it might be possible. Although, Quake 1, 2, and 3 all use the same format of Map files, which happens to be .BSP. Mods change for every new Quake. For instance, while quake 1 mods can run on pretty much anything (Windows, PSP, Mac, Linux) just using the progs.dat, while Quake 2 has to be compiled for a different OS.

If you ask me, I'd say it wouldn't work. However, that's what google is for, right?

View user profile

3 Re: Quake vs Quake 4 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Guest


Guest
I tested Qonquer on Quake 4 and doesn't seem to work...
Qonquer is a Quake 1 mod not Q4.They are both different game's using different engines



Last edited by FRiiZYDuDE on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DatTypo)

4 Re: Quake vs Quake 4 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:02 pm

jastolze

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
FRiiZYDuDE wrote:I tested Qonquer and doesn't seem to work...
Qonquer is a Quake 1 mod not Q4.They are both different game's using different engines
It works fine for me. DId you start quake using the -game command? It needs that to know where to look for thr mod. If you need help with it, PM me, Frizzy.

View user profile

5 Re: Quake vs Quake 4 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Guest


Guest
jastolze wrote:
FRiiZYDuDE wrote:I tested Qonquer and doesn't seem to work...
Qonquer is a Quake 1 mod not Q4.They are both different game's using different engines
It works fine for me. DId you start quake using the -game command? It needs that to know where to look for thr mod. If you need help with it, PM me, Frizzy.
I was talking about Quake 4 but I see how it look's now xD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum