Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad News...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bad News... on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 pm

My labtop got a virus today. It said I had to restore it to factory default. All my maps like Family Guy, Plane Break-in, TAMATOS (Like anyone really cares about that), and my Covie Cruiser data are gone. So I can't update it or finish the other maps. My maps are backed up to my computer but they're barely started. Also my labtop has a mean virus where it fails everytime I try to restore it. So my labtop is finished. ‹:'( Well I'm screwed.

View user profile http://mlzk.forumotion.com

2 Re: Bad News... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 am

dr_mabuse

Administrator
Administrator
make backups on usb hdd or sticks...

and for viruses... maybe you leeched too much pr0n or warez...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile

3 Re: Bad News... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am

@dr_mabuse wrote:maybe you leeched too much pr0n
LOL

Nexus71c wrote:My labtop got a virus today. It said I had to restore it to factory default. All my maps like Family Guy, Plane Break-in, TAMATOS (Like anyone really cares about that), and my Covie Cruiser data are gone. So I can't update it or finish the other maps. My maps are backed up to my computer but they're barely started. Also my labtop has a mean virus where it fails everytime I try to restore it. So my labtop is finished. ‹:'( Well I'm screwed.

Just get a Windows XP/Vista/7 bootable installation disc and boot the PC with it.

4 Re: Bad News... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 am

jastolze

Administrator
Administrator
Nexus71c wrote:My labtop got a virus today. It said I had to restore it to factory default. All my maps like Family Guy, Plane Break-in, TAMATOS (Like anyone really cares about that), and my Covie Cruiser data are gone. So I can't update it or finish the other maps. My maps are backed up to my computer but they're barely started. Also my labtop has a mean virus where it fails everytime I try to restore it. So my labtop is finished. ‹:'( Well I'm screwed.
Do you know where the virus is located and do you use any anti-virus/ anti-spyware? Also, what does the virus do to your PC? I can probably fix this, just PM me if you need help, k?

View user profile

5 Re: Bad News... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Why didn't you have a anti-virus?

They're not hard to get.

View user profile

6 Re: Bad News... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:17 pm

jastolze

Administrator
Administrator
@Masdog wrote:Why didn't you have a anti-virus?

They're not hard to get.
He probably did have one, but they don't catch every single thing that tries to drop a virus on your PC. Some worms and rootkits are particularly hard to detect.

Edit: I made a thread of a bunch of tools that can help out in this occasion: http://nzportable.forumotion.com/t1081-tools-that-help-keep-your-computer-from-becoming-hacked

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum