Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

How To Change Gravity Of World In Valve Hammer Editor

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

On this tutorial I am going to teach you guys how to change the gravity using only VHE and not having to change it every time you play on that map.
It is actually really simple, just in case you guys didn't know for your maps with low gravity or something.

Ok the first step is to make a room and a spawning point (obviously). On the entity "info_player_start" make sure he is off the ground with a pretty good distance.
After that, make a block right below the spawning place (it makes the player drop into the trigger, I'll explain it right now)
After you have made the box, select it, and then tie it to entity, (ctrl + T). Scroll down on the entities and click on the one that says, "trigger_command". On the object properties, click on "command" On the line type: sv_gravity <desired gravity level> and then close the dialog box.
After all of that is done and you want to try it, simply save the map and compile it.
**Make sure that the entity "info_player_start" is right above "trigger_command" brush entity** It had to be like that in order for the player to trigger it.

You are done! Have fun with gravity levels : D
If you guys don't understand what I am saying, post a comment below saying that you need picture tutorials, I will do it without a problem.

Hope it helped to all of those who didn't know about it. I know probably the advanced mappers know this already, but is mostly to the starters that I am directing to with this tutorial.

View user profile

jastolze

Administrator
Administrator
@Manuel Valle7 wrote:On this tutorial I am going to teach you guys how to change the gravity using only VHE and not having to change it every time you play on that map.
It is actually really simple, just in case you guys didn't know for your maps with low gravity or something.

Ok the first step is to make a room and a spawning point (obviously). On the entity "info_player_start" make sure he is off the ground with a pretty good distance.
After that, make a block right below the spawning place (it makes the player drop into the trigger, I'll explain it right now)
After you have made the box, select it, and then tie it to entity, (ctrl + T). Scroll down on the entities and click on the one that says, "trigger_command". On the object properties, click on "command" On the line type: sv_gravity <desired gravity level> and then close the dialog box.
After all of that is done and you want to try it, simply save the map and compile it.
**Make sure that the entity "info_player_start" is right above "trigger_command" brush entity** It had to be like that in order for the player to trigger it.

You are done! Have fun with gravity levels : D
If you guys don't understand what I am saying, post a comment below saying that you need picture tutorials, I will do it without a problem.

Hope it helped to all of those who didn't know about it. I know probably the advanced mappers know this already, but is mostly to the starters that I am directing to with this tutorial.

Good Tutorial. I think it's also important to note that the default for sv_gravity is 800. So, a number like 350-450 will seem like your moon jumping, while a number like 1100 makes the height of your jumps decrease.

View user profile
Ohh yeah, that's what I forgot to mention, and thanks by the way : )
I thought the default gravity was 500 or something? But I could be wrong, anyways, good luck with it

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum