Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions for custom map makers!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:59 am

blubswillrule

Game Developer
Game Developer
So apart from working on the new NZP release, I've also had some ideas in the back of my mind for custom map support, without spoiling too much before we implement anything.

but I have a question for the awesome members of the mapper community. Smilez

What custom map features would you like to see in the new NZP release?

As in, what sort of entities or triggers...etc would you think would be awesome to have?

This is just a general poll to see what's going through your minds, and who knows, maybe cool entities could strike the inspiration of custom mappers to make more maps WinkeyWink

Post away! Big or small! Just interested in opinions VeryHappy

--CURRENT IDEAS-- (none are actually implemented, but just showing what I'm thinking of WinkeyWink)
CURRENT IDEAS:

-func_delay: when triggered, adds a delay of X seconds before it triggers somethin' else
-func_triggerMultiple: When activated, triggers 2 other things, like a cable splitter

-funcRoundTrigger: Triggered on round end or round start, can be set to trigger on specific round
-func_giveweapon: literally just gives a player a weapon, would be used in sync with a  physical trigger
need a way to pass the player entity
-func_counter: needs to be triggered X times before it in turn triggers something else

-trigger_classname : triggered when an entity of a certain classname walks into it
-trigger_zombiedeath : Triggered when a zombie that is touching it dies
-trigger_killzombie : when triggered, kills a zombie within it's vicinity.
-trigger_button: just a trigger with a message and maybe a cost.

-func_endGameVictory : can be used to end the game with a win
-func_endGameDefeat : can be used to trigger a loss

-special platforms like elevators? need to look at stock quake code to see how they did it

-func_activateTrigger : trigger can now be activated, player can receive a screen indicator
-func_deactivateTrigger : trigger deactivated, no screen indicator if walked into it

-func_setmodel: sets a target "place_model" or other entity to a certain model.
-func_setskin : ^^
-func_setframe : ^^

-func_teleport: teleports a target to it's secondary target, or maybe players or zombies

-add target field to perks for when you use it
-target field to pack a punch, one for when you first use it, and one for when the gun comes out, and one for when the gun disappears or gets taken

-func_changeRound: can restart a round, can add or subtract X to round, or can jump to any round

-OOH, A SPECIAL GRENADE THAT ACTIVATES A MAP TARGET ... or something
you'd probably name the target "map_target" or something different, and when you throw it, crazy stuff could happen, limited only by the mappers creativity!

Last edited by blubswillrule on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:42 pm; edited 4 times in total

View user profile http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

2 Well.. on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:07 am

A trigger where Zoms come out of the ground would be cool... Also, make it so Zoms can hit you through barracades.

View user profile

3 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 pm

Buyable endings. (Open door for 35000 to escape this madness) then the game over screen would appear.
---------------
Also, having Zombies & Dogs in the same rounds after reaching Rounds 15+

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile

4 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:23 pm

true nightmare

Administrator
Administrator
1. The power to do something like moon would be nice, to be-able to have an unlimited round of zombies and than switch back to a standard round formula in the same map would be awesome

2. It would also be awesome to have radios that play custom sounds and/or a set of sounds

3. Also BUTTONS! that actually work similar to the NZP door as the current buttons are very glitchly

I could go on with ideas but I'll stop whist I'm a head

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
BE AWESOME!! And Subscribe to my channel for Nzp mapping tutorials and gameplays of nzp and other stuff im doing or working on, at some point i hope to do daily uploads

www.youtube.com/user/turenightmare

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Processor (Quad Core at 3.5 GHz)
GPU: GeForce GTX 660 (2GBs Video Ram)
RAM: 32GBs DDR3
HDD: 1 x 320 Gbs, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 2TB
Monitor: 1336 x 768, 1920 x 1080 (TV)
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/turenightmare

5 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:31 pm

blubswillrule

Game Developer
Game Developer
no, keep going with ideas! VeryHappy

also, zombies actually can attack you through windows in the in development build, we've just really never shown it, maybe I'll post a screenshot Smilez

--Edit--

I've also added a cool flag for the barricades that makes them not repairable and have no boards, for areas like outside of Shi No Numa where zombies just hop over fences without a physical window being there.

6 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Something to make a tranzit like bus possible ... to controll where and how long it stops VeryHappy

7 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:56 pm

jastolze

Administrator
Administrator
I don't know if you've thought about this Blubs or Jukki, but maybe button combos? Like, L+Up would throw a grenade, as opposed to just L trigger, thus it taking up the whole button.

Or you could do it the way team fortress did it, which would be to execute config files by pressing one of the directional arrows.

Which, in turn would load a different set of bindings. Like "bind uparrow ; exec Set1.cfg" and when you load that cfg file, it would act as the new config, or until you load a different one. This is useful when you run out of buttons to bind things to.

This is what I (personally) would like to see.

View user profile

8 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 pm

blubswillrule

Game Developer
Game Developer
R2Kest wrote:Something to make a tranzit like bus possible ... to controll where and how long it stops VeryHappy

Ooh, that'd be interesting to look into, would probably be above the scope of simple programming though, might be interesting to brainstorm a few ideas about, I think the main thing stopping a map like that would be the sheer size and draw distance, the psp chugs when it has to draw too far

@jastolze wrote:I don't know if you've thought about this Blubs or Jukki, but maybe button combos? Like, L+Up would throw a grenade, as opposed to just L trigger, thus it taking up the whole button.

Or you could do it the way team fortress did it, which would be to execute config files by pressing one of the directional arrows.

Which, in turn would load a different set of bindings. Like "bind uparrow ; exec Set1.cfg" and when you load that cfg file, it would act as the new config, or until you load a different one. This is useful when you run out of buttons to bind things to.

This is what I (personally) would like to see.

Hmmm, that button combo wouldn't be bad for grenade throwing, it will definitely be something to look into!

9 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:05 pm

will see how Tranzit will work VeryHappy waiting for the new version to come out to continue work on the map

10 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:33 pm

true nightmare

Administrator
Administrator
4. Well a trigger that would be really handy would be something that can run a command when ran into or activated (eg. for dev testing a trigger that would use the command to give you unlimited money and/or every weapons and/or allow you to skip to a certain wave and/or give and take perks and/or active or deactivate spawn points and what not)

5. Some sort of mov-able platforms (eg. lifts! or stuff like the luna lander in ascension)

6. I would have said something like some way of doing huge Easter eggs but I have no idea if you can do that

BE AWESOME!! And Subscribe to my channel for Nzp mapping tutorials and gameplays of nzp and other stuff im doing or working on, at some point i hope to do daily uploads

11 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:41 pm

blubswillrule

Game Developer
Game Developer
@true nightmare wrote:4. Well a trigger that would be really handy would be something that can run a command when ran into or activated (eg. for dev testing a trigger that would use the command to give you unlimited money and/or every weapons and/or allow you to skip to a certain wave and/or give and take perks and/or active or deactivate spawn points and what not)

5. Some sort of mov-able platforms (eg. lifts! or stuff like the luna lander in ascension)

6. I would have said something like some way of doing huge Easter eggs but I have no idea if you can do that

Actually I've been brainstorming MANY ideas of new entities to add into nzp, stuff that would allow complex chains of targets to do really complicated stuff Smilez

but I posted this topic to see what the community would like VeryHappy

12 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:20 pm

true nightmare

Administrator
Administrator
@blubswillrule wrote:
@true nightmare wrote:TRUE, SHUT UP YOUR BORING US!

Actually I've been brainstorming MANY ideas of new entities to add into nzp, stuff that would allow complex chains of targets to do really complicated stuff Smilez

but I posted this topic to see what the community would like VeryHappy

well I had an idea where a trigger would active 2 (or more) different targets at the same time and only could be used once it was activated by another target (the first trigger could be power if its required)

13 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:34 pm

blubswillrule

Game Developer
Game Developer
I had the same idea WinkeyWink

I have a pretty extensive list of ideas...

Eh why not, I'll edit my first post with my notes file that has the ideas, I'll update it with more

14 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:12 pm

anubiz

Buyable Powerups (Max Ammo, Instakill, Kaboom)

CPU: Toaster Model I97-089b Series (Powered by a Chipmunk)
Processor: Intel Board RC440BX 0.2 Ghz (0.001 Cache Data Processing)
RAM: 98 Mb (2mb Cache)
GPU: ATI Radeon Family Series 64MB
View user profile

15 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:32 pm

true nightmare

Administrator
Administrator
oh I had 2 more ideas

Death_Trigger (lol), activates on death (eg. you have a small survival room were the player(s) spawn, once they all die they go to the main room/map)

func_gamemode, allows you to change the game mode mid game (eg. in normal mode but when the player dies and respawns there set to wild west or something like that xD)

16 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:54 pm

anubiz

Trigger_Generator = Generator charge like in origins, to open and activate one or multiple targets

View user profile

17 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:45 am

How about different door animations? Teleporters or full working elevators?

View user profile

18 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:03 am

anubiz

I have another one, what about custom barriers? i mean, if we see on WaW Custom Maps the mappers put another textures like rocks or fences to placing barriers.

Another:
Func_Fog = Allows to put custom fog on the map, and activate functions like density, color, etc.

View user profile

19 Yolo on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Off topic reply (?)

What about new weapons, not only WW2, in origins they show us that the box brings weapons from all kind of eras and even realities to use them for our survival, that's why in origins they added the scar-h, scorpion evo, ballista and some old weapons too like the mp-40, sgt44 and the good ol' tommy gun

So i have a list of suggestions in case you guys are interested:
  • Peacekeeper (Fav BO2)(PaP WarMaker)
  • AUG (Fav BO)
  • Uzi
  • FN FAL
  • SCAR-H(best rifle in bo2)
  • KSG
  • Galil
  • Honeybadger(Extintion)
  • AK 47
  • FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
  • M60
  • SPAS 12
  • Maybe somekind of cowboys Winchester

BTW i hope to see at leats a new perk, NZP is awesome

PD: ¿Blubs en serio eres mexicano o solo bromeabas? xP

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds, that is when the world will end...
View user profile http://zmp.skn1.com/forum/

20 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:23 pm

anubiz

Te respondere en español porque me da mucha flojera escribir en ingles xD...

Blubs dijo en su vídeo de Moddb que iba a ver nuevas armas, el las iba agregar, claro que, me imagino, agregara las que tu dijiste y otras más, pero quizás sea en una actualización más adelante.. Y otra cosa, blubs es de California, o almenos eso dice en su twitter, saludos xD

View user profile

21 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:54 pm

@blubswillrule wrote:So apart from working on the new NZP release, I've also had some ideas in the back of my mind for custom map support, without spoiling too much before we implement anything.

but I have a question for the awesome members of the mapper community. Smilez

What custom map features would you like to see in the new NZP release?

As in, what sort of entities or triggers...etc would you think would be awesome to have?

This is just a general poll to see what's going through your minds, and who knows, maybe cool entities could strike the inspiration of custom mappers to make more maps WinkeyWink

Post away! Big or small! Just interested in opinions VeryHappy

--CURRENT IDEAS-- (none are actually implemented, but just showing what I'm thinking of WinkeyWink)
CURRENT IDEAS:

-func_delay: when triggered, adds a delay of X seconds before it triggers somethin' else
-func_triggerMultiple: When activated, triggers 2 other things, like a cable splitter

-funcRoundTrigger: Triggered on round end or round start, can be set to trigger on specific round
-func_giveweapon: literally just gives a player a weapon, would be used in sync with a  physical trigger
need a way to pass the player entity
-func_counter: needs to be triggered X times before it in turn triggers something else

-trigger_classname : triggered when an entity of a certain classname walks into it
-trigger_zombiedeath : Triggered when a zombie that is touching it dies
-trigger_killzombie : when triggered, kills a zombie within it's vicinity.
-trigger_button: just a trigger with a message and maybe a cost.

-func_endGameVictory : can be used to end the game with a win
-func_endGameDefeat : can be used to trigger a loss

-special platforms like elevators? need to look at stock quake code to see how they did it

-func_activateTrigger : trigger can now be activated, player can receive a screen indicator
-func_deactivateTrigger : trigger deactivated, no screen indicator if walked into it

-func_setmodel: sets a target "place_model" or other entity to a certain model.
-func_setskin : ^^
-func_setframe : ^^

-func_teleport: teleports a target to it's secondary target, or maybe players or zombies

-add target field to perks for when you use it
-target field to pack a punch, one for when you first use it, and one for when the gun comes out, and one for when the gun disappears or gets taken

-func_changeRound: can restart a round, can add or subtract X to round, or can jump to any round

-OOH, A SPECIAL GRENADE THAT ACTIVATES A MAP TARGET ... or something
you'd probably name the target "map_target" or something different, and when you throw it, crazy stuff could happen, limited only by the mappers creativity!

This is late as s***, but i think a mounted MG42 would be cool as hell.
And i think a new gamemode should be one timer based, counting up, instead of rounds

View user profile

22 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:04 pm

@anubiz wrote: Te respondere en español porque me da mucha flojera escribir en ingles xD...

Blubs dijo en su vídeo de Moddb que iba a ver nuevas armas, el las iba agregar, claro que, me imagino, agregara las que tu dijiste y otras más, pero quizás sea en una actualización más adelante.. Y otra cosa, blubs es de California, o almenos eso dice en su twitter, saludos xD

Que bien otro hispano hablante VeryHappy, bueno a mi tambien me da flojera escribir en ingles xD, no sabia que blubs tenia Twitter lo buscare, y tampoco sabia lo de las armas pero en lo personal me gustaria mucho ver armas como la peacekeeper, la honey badger y armas del bo1, ya que esto es un juego indie deberia tener todo eso que los fans quieren

23 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:31 am

anubiz

@ssfpatricio23 wrote:me gustaria mucho ver armas como la peacekeeper, la honey badger y armas del bo1, ya que esto es un juego indie deberia tener todo eso que los fans quieren

Uuuf, Si hubiera más coders y modelers ayudando a blubs aparte de tener la actualización en un santiamen, podrian añadir todas las armas de CoD Zombies, por lo menos me alegra la idea de que el proyecto sigue en pie y que, wuaa han cambiado totalmente la dinamica del juego! con lo nuevo de la camara.

PD: Hay que juntarnos todos los latinos y hacer una sección xD

View user profile

24 Also.. on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:02 am

An Area_Radius where Denizens/zombies/monkeys could spawn.

on that topic, Denizen model/waypoints/animation..?

Xbox: NickDaGamer1998
PS3: NickDaGamer1998 
 Please note: My attitude is mainly random..
View user profile

25 Re: Questions for custom map makers! on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 pm

@anubiz wrote:
Uuuf, Si hubiera más coders y modelers ayudando a blubs aparte de tener la actualización en un santiamen, podrian añadir todas las armas de CoD Zombies, por lo menos me alegra la idea de que el proyecto sigue en pie y que, wuaa han cambiado totalmente la dinamica del juego! con lo nuevo de la camara.

PD: Hay que juntarnos todos los latinos y hacer una sección xD

A pelear por crear una comunidad hispana en NZP

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum