Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Updates thread!

+4
jukki
Call16-Podolski
JavierMaki
jastolze
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Official Updates thread!  Empty Official Updates thread! Wed May 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Here's a list of the forum updates that you may of noticed..

1. Work Forum.

All work such as Models, Maps, etc. now have a sub forum in this forum to clean up the home page and make the site overall easier to navigate. Map forum has been divided into Big Maps, Medium Maps, Small Maps, Other, WIP and Developer maps, please post in the appropriate section based on the size of the map, if you post a WIP and are finished it and want it moved an Admin or Mod will do it. DON'T create a new topic plz.

2. Site Support & Suggestions

This forum will handle all Site suggestions and support for the site.

In relation to this, you may notice the Accounts section and forums are gone, any requests or Account issues can be posted here and topics from them forums are moved here.

3. Chillout Room

The Off-Topic section is gone and is now just this forum, any off-topic discussions can be posted here, have a bit of fun, don't be too spammy, have some forum games here, all topics from the Off-Topic sections and forums are moved here now.

4. Applications Section Gone

The Applications forums is gone, we are no longer accepting Applications for positions on the forums, for becoming a Moderator, Admin, Developer. etc.

If we feel someone is making a decent contributing to the site very well we will contact them, becoming a Developer is an invitation only. But please don't let this demotivate you from making maps.

Also Rank Images will get a revamp soon as some of the links to them are becoming dead and some ranks have no image.

Last edited by FRiiZYDuDE on Tue May 20, 2014 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Wed May 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Some more updates..

New rank images, No Loyalty or Zombie Slayer however after a user reaches a certain amount of posts they will get colored names (250= Turquoise and 50= Light Blue) and new rank images also added Rank Images for NZP Devs.

3Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Wed May 07, 2014 5:22 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:Some more updates..

New rank images, No Loyalty or Zombie Slayer however after a user reaches a certain amount of posts they will get colored names (250= Turquoise and 50= Light Blue) and new rank images also added Rank Images for NZP Devs.

Friizy: Making life a bit sexier every day.

But yeah, I like the idea of this. Maybe we'll attract some more attention.

4Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

Yeahhhh!!! I love you dude! ^^

5Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Thu May 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Call16-Podolski

Call16-Podolski
Smart, Just like a Chap.
Smart, Just like a Chap.

Very Shiny. Pod approves.

6Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Sat May 10, 2014 6:25 am

jukki

jukki
Administrator
Administrator

I likey

7Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Sun May 11, 2014 2:00 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

i like the new BO2 icons (:

8Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 am

Chat Update:

The chat now has it's own specific page, access requires you to be logged in, this will cut down on Anons spamming the page, the space where the chat was will now be used for certain links.

The link is at the top in the forum's nav bar.

9Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:44 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:Chat Update:

The chat now has it's own specific page, access requires you to be logged in, this will cut down on Anons spamming the page, the space where the chat was will now be used for certain links.

The link is at the top in the forum's nav bar.

Ahh nice, finally protected from those "WEHERE CCAN I DAWNLAD MAPS" idiots xD

10Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:35 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure where the chat is now. I am logged in, but I only see four links, one is a rules thread, one is for Moddb's page, one is for Work, and the last is a tutorial on how to make maps. No Chatbox = disappointed Jastolze.

11Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:48 pm

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

jastolze wrote:Not sure where the chat is now. I am logged in, but I only see four links, one is a rules thread, one is for Moddb's page, one is for Work, and the last is a tutorial on how to make maps. No Chatbox = disappointed Jastolze.

Better without Chatbox I think...

PS: Frizy can you modify this mobile forum? its so basic... just dont delete the mobile version, just update it xDD

12Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:33 pm

JavierMaki wrote:
jastolze wrote:Not sure where the chat is now. I am logged in, but I only see four links, one is a rules thread, one is for Moddb's page, one is for Work, and the last is a tutorial on how to make maps. No Chatbox = disappointed Jastolze.

PS: Frizy can you modify this mobile forum? its so basic... just dont delete the mobile version, just update it xDD

Imo a chatbox is very useless on a forum, all it does it drive traffic away from the forum..

And I can't modify the mobile site. Frown

Also it's at the nav bar at the top.

13Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:08 pm

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:
JavierMaki wrote:

Imo a chatbox is very useless on a forum, all it does it drive traffic away from the forum..

Mobile site its a shit... well we cant do nothing with that... no problem then =P

14Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:13 pm

JavierMaki wrote:
FRiiZYDuDE wrote:
JavierMaki wrote:

Mobile site its a shit... well we cant do nothing with that... no problem then =P

Well atm I am developing the new forum, and if all goes well I could make a Mobile site for it, or even try Tapatalk with it.

15Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:40 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

i thought this was an update on the game...aww

16Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Updates on the new forum:

I possibly may have found a way to export Forumotion's database so everyone should keep their profiles and post/post counts. @Jas

17Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:48 am

Call16-Podolski

Call16-Podolski
Smart, Just like a Chap.
Smart, Just like a Chap.

Thank fuck.

18Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:58 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:Updates on the new forum:

I possibly may have found a way to export Forumotion's database so everyone should keep their profiles and post/post counts. @Jas

I'm pretty sure that you cannot do that, mainly because then you would have everyone's passwords, and that is impossible.

If you say it is possible, then I would have to say that would be a breach of the forum service's code and privacy... :/

Why don't you just keep this forum? Forumotion not good enough or something?

:/

http://www.wheel-games.webs.com

19Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

WillWow wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you cannot do that, mainly because then you would have everyone's passwords, and that is impossible.

If you say it is possible, then I would have to say that would be a breach of the forum service's code and privacy... :/

Willwow has a valid point. This probably isn't going to work. Although, I can't speak for Friizy: He's the one who created the site.

20Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:36 am

Zode

jastolze wrote:
WillWow wrote:

Willwow has a valid point. This probably isn't going to work. Although, I can't speak for Friizy: He's the one who created the site.

Hah even if friizydude exported current user database he can't do anything with it since all passwords are md5hashed (sometimes with "salt") so even if he wanted to get the passwords he would have to first find what master key they used and after that crack your password by hashing AAAA, AAAB, AAAC etc... using that master key, and this takes YEARS to do so.... :p

and im guessing forumotion stores everything in mysql so its not exactly breach of forum service's code, only problem i can think of is that forumotion stores things differently in tables (lets say userid, name, password etc) and whatever friizy is using for that new forum, it might store everything differently (userid, email, name, password....) so exporting / importing results in invalid tables and that new forum doesnt recognize your account(s).

21Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:42 am

Everyone's password would be randomly generated and auto PM'd to them on here. Or you could reset it using your E-Mail.

You see, it isn't an exporter per say, it's a crawler, it crawls all the users and topics/replies and then converts them for use in another forum software, I tested it on a test forum and it worked great.

22Official Updates thread!  Empty Re: Official Updates thread! Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:Everyone's password would be randomly generated and auto PM'd to them on here. Or you could reset it using your E-Mail.

You see, it isn't an exporter per say, it's a crawler, it crawls all the users and topics/replies and then converts them for use in another forum software, I tested it on a test forum and it worked great.

Yeah that would work well enough. But still, why don't you keep this forum?

http://www.wheel-games.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum