Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts

+2
jastolze
ScatterBox
6 posters

How do you feel about a forum host switch?

[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_lcap0%[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_lcap23%[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_rcap 23% [ 3 ]
[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_lcap38%[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_rcap 38% [ 5 ]
[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_lcap15%[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_lcap23%[Poll] Your feelings about switching hosts Vote_rcap 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ScatterBox

ScatterBox

Well, here it is, the *official* poll for your opinions on switching forum hosts.

Switching hosts would mean a change in the URL, and an overall change in the website.. (colors, layout) unless they somehow kept it exactly the same. It would also mean an overall upgrade in the site as well. (More bandwidth, no ads, ect.)

So, what's your opinion on the forum host switch? Vote in the poll, and leave a reply down below!

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

Nope. I like this site. Maybe make one first, and see how many people want to switch over before making it mandatory?

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

remember what happened when we switched in the past.
It was a big fail.

dr_mabuse wrote:remember what happened when we switched in the past.
It was a big fail.

Dreize was shit at picking hosts.. Tongue

EDIT: Tbh I would prefer to keep the current site by have the option's that Forumotion restricts like Custom themes and remove these stupid shitty ads like Adfly that forumotion has now implemented.

Also with the fact that both will use PHPBB it will not be a big change.

Although I sparked up the idea I would not want to switch hosts, Forumotion currently offers the best Forum service but the software and ACP are very restrictive.

mikebay88

mikebay88

You can use webs.com , it's not bad at all. It has a decent way of making pages and topics and stuff. You should fool around with it a bit and see if you like it.

Jmankdman wrote:lol i we're naming off amazing web hosts here is one! :
enjin.com

that's my favorite web host my old forums had a bad one (can't remember its name... ) but after we changed to enjin.com we learned what awesome really was. you should check it out.  WinkeyWink

I know of Enjin, and their primarily for Minecraft servers and they're not a host, their a website builder and are just as restrictive as Forumotion.

mikebay88 wrote:You can use webs.com , it's not bad at all. It has a decent way of making pages and topics and stuff. You should fool around with it a bit and see if you like it.

Once again don't suggest these Website builders, we might as well stay with Forumotion than go with them..

Zode

or we could start hosting on 000hosting or such (any host that allows full control like 000 does, even though its restricted because you are not paying monthly) & install forum software on it? :p its not hard. just upload all the files through ftp and run the page

Zode wrote:or we could start hosting on 000hosting or such (any host that allows full control like 000 does, even though its restricted because you are not paying monthly) & install forum software on it? :p its not hard. just upload all the files through ftp and run the page

I already have paid hosting account that's only $4 a month so I'll use that, just need a domain name, temporarily I'm using .tk.

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:
Zode wrote:or we could start hosting on 000hosting or such (any host that allows full control like 000 does, even though its restricted because you are not paying monthly) & install forum software on it? :p its not hard. just upload all the files through ftp and run the page

I already have paid hosting account that's only $4 a month so I'll use that, just need a domain name, temporarily I'm using .tk.

Here is the new Forum, the .tk is only a temporary domain for the moment until I get a proper domain;

http://nzpforums.tk/

Website is stiill a WIP, the 2 things that need to be added are: Useful threads and sections/forums. All main stuff works.

Persuer-NL

Persuer-NL

What happens to the current forum?

http://XWAUpgrade.com

Persuer-NL wrote:What happens to the current forum?

The new site isn't fully open yet but when it is we'll just keep this forum but use redirect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum