Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

176NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:45 pm

dr_mabuse

Administrator
Administrator
lel the new one looks alot better than the old one VeryHappy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile

177NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:24 pm

eugh, looks awful. If i were you i just wouldn't bother including a flamethrower in the game.

View user profile

178NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Naievil

Staff
Staff
@ADZIE95 wrote:eugh, looks awful. If i were you i just wouldn't bother including a flamethrower in the game.

not sure if you saw it say "unfinished new" and was just used to show the anim of the fire...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
@dr_mabuse wrote:good job Smilez

View user profile http://Naievil.tk

179NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:40 am

FRiiZY_DuDE

Administrator
Administrator
@ADZIE95 wrote:eugh, looks awful. If i were you i just wouldn't bother including a flamethrower in the game.

We don't have 980 ti's or TITAN's or Core i7 machines with 16GB to work with on the PSP so for the limited hardware it has, it's pretty decent.

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz Skylake Quad Core
RAM: 8GB 3GHz Corsair Vengenence DDR4
SSD: 480GB SANDISK Extreme Pro
HDD: 500GB VelociRaptor + 2TB WD Black
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX480 8GB
KB&M: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Green Switches & Trust Mouse
View user profile

180NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Naievil

Staff
Staff

This is not a port I made.

This will also never launch so idk why I'm making this shitpost

181NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:58 pm

dr_mabuse

Administrator
Administrator
I was abit bored so i created a pair of "nzp" hands using the thompson mdls hands as a base:

They are really lowpoly (it was abit painfull to create a new skeleton for it) xD
So if you want / need some new weapons / redone weapons tell me, so you dont need to
use the old weapons VeryHappy

Last edited by dr_mabuse on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fart)

View user profile

182NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Naievil

Staff
Staff
@dr_mabuse wrote:I was abit bored so i created a pair of "nzp" hands using the thompson mdls hands as a base:

They are really lowpoly (it was abit painfull to create a new skeleton for it) xD
So if you want / need some new weapons / redone weapons tell me, so you dont need to
use the old weapons VeryHappy

Great! Smilez you know the quality of the PTRS, M1 Garand already, so thanks for offering to have some weapons redone! You're welcome to do any of the weapons you see fit to redo Smilez the hands would definitely be useful for PAP as well as a general running motion when you don't have a gun

183NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:59 am

dr_mabuse

Administrator
Administrator
yea, also it would be much cooler to have all weapons redone and using the same hands as the current "official weapons" VeryHappy

Also i might use model transparency for some stuff like iron sights (especially on the garand), so you need to enable the alphafunc in the engine maybe ;D

View user profile

184NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Wow, this unofficial patch has come a long way since I last logged on. It's starting to look more official than unofficial WinkeyWink Great job, and keep up the good work!

View user profile

185NZP Demo The work in progress... on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:54 am

The images and clips of the development done since the latest release looks pretty awesome! With every update and release, it breaks what's possible to do on a teeny tiny PSP screen.

I'm excited about the next release already. Keep up the good work!

View user profile

186NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:20 pm

@FRiiZY_DuDE wrote:

We don't have 980 ti's or TITAN's or Core i7 machines with 16GB to work with on the PSP so for the limited hardware it has, it's pretty decent.

but it doesnt look decent, it looks terrible. even with "limited hardware" everything else in the game looks perfect. Its only the fire effects that clearly do not fit in and shouldn't be used to begin with.

View user profile

187NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Naievil

Staff
Staff
@ADZIE95 wrote:but it doesnt look decent, it looks terrible. even with "limited hardware" everything else in the game looks perfect. Its only the fire effects that clearly do not fit in and shouldn't be used to begin with.

Not sure what you think this is supposed to look like

188NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:49 am

Naievil

Staff
Staff

skins work

189NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:14 pm

FRiiZY_DuDE

Administrator
Administrator
@ADZIE95 wrote:
@FRiiZY_DuDE wrote:

but it doesnt look decent, it looks terrible. even with "limited hardware" everything else in the game looks perfect. Its only the fire effects that clearly do not fit in and shouldn't be used to begin with.

You obviously don't understand how taxing effects like that can be on a GPU, especially a low end on like the one in the PSP. You could easily take a 6670 GPU and run Crysis or Far Cry 3/4 on it at a playable frame rate but start adding in large explosions and graphical effects and kiss bye bye to that FPS. I've seen Custom Zombies videos years ago when many of your YT stars had laptops to record on, their FPS was fine but the minute they start shooting the flamethrower the effects cut their FPS in half, some even used it as a joke to spray each other with it to drive their FPS down. lol

FPS out of the way the PSP only has 64MB Ram and 32MB RAM for the 1000, of which isn't all accessible and the GPU again is very poor, as we see that FPS is already bad.

I understand it's not that good, but you're expecting too much, way too much, and saying it "shouldn't be in the game" is bullshit, a flamethrower with bad effects is better than nothing, should you want better effects in Zombies along with custom maps, I suggest purchasing a decent mid-range+ laptop and this game:

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/10090/

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz Skylake Quad Core
RAM: 8GB 3GHz Corsair Vengenence DDR4
SSD: 480GB SANDISK Extreme Pro
HDD: 500GB VelociRaptor + 2TB WD Black
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX480 8GB
KB&M: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Green Switches & Trust Mouse
View user profile

190NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 am

Naievil

Staff
Staff

fight me blubs

nobody knows what this is except for mabuse and possibly Friiz (as well as other map makers out there), but that's okay

clippings a bit off and I need to reprogram the "auto" selection and minimize dimensions but hey it actually works look at that

191NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:15 am

mofu23

Mapper
Mapper
@ADZIE95 wrote:

You are missing two parts here. The first is that youre assuming we are working with a pc and not a psp.

We are talking about:

• MIPS R4000 32 bit processors CPU (1-333 MHz)

• 32 MB Main Memory (64MB in PSP 3000)

• 4 MB embedded DRAM

• 2 Megabytes of VRAM with a bandwidth of 5.3 Gigabytes per second

Sources:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2003/07/29/psp-specs-revealed
Where as the simplest gaming PC has:

• Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66

• 4GB memory RAM

• XFX HD 5000 Radeon HD 5450 DirectX 11 HD-545X-ZQH2 1GB 64-Bit DDR3

Sources:
http://www.staples.com/Dell-Optiplex-760-Windows-7-Pro-Refurbished-Desktop-PC-4GB-RAM-320GB/product_398040?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:398040&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=398040&KPID=398040&gclid=Cj0KEQiAtri0BRDLoaCF95e7o_sBEiQA_pgRQy7tCD4gTuqqp0GNw9BfkbFZ9Jd03PjtaCS9Bp9h4YEaAq5S8P8HAQ
http://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16814150565?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-PC-_-pla-_-Desktop+Graphics+Cards-_-N82E16814150565&gclid=Cj0KEQiAtri0BRDLoaCF95e7o_sBEiQA_pgRQ0Lhdm1oTVEmCAkH55hId2Mf9DXZJvCvfr0-Uo0i2VcaAuFs8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

But that leads on to the next point. Even with this limited hardware there are games, such as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, that look console like on the PSP.
Image:

The engine is the other restricting factor when it comes to game design. Unreal Engine 4 can handle about 4 million particles at once without performence drop. However, the Quake Engine, which is used as a base engine for this game, had a small limit of I think 100 or so (dont blame me if I get the numbers wrong. Its mostly engine side. We cant do much without having to work our way into the engine and expanding upon its current limitations. Whether or not you think it looks like crap is irrelavent, since its the best the hardware and the software can do.

Cory in the House is the best anime around!
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research."
View user profile

192NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:50 pm

All its up to the Engine limitations. You can have 32 GB DDR9 Ram, Latest brand new Intel CPU 10GhZ 8-Cores, Uber-nvidia Titan XL Pro Gaming with 64 GB GDDR9 and The best Motherboard, but your game will just be limited by the Engine, and the fact that it HAS to run in PSP.

NZP Unofficial Patch Developer
----------
Be sure to check NZP:Unofficial Patch thread here.

----------
Naievil @ 2015-07-08 18:25 wrote:Nazi Zombies Portable is so much more than a fucking game.

View user profile

193NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:54 pm

Naievil

Staff
Staff
I'm not commenting on the few issues above so here we go:

This marks Scatterbox's first contribution to NZP, coming to us through the worldspawn.

This allows custom map makers to develop their own locations, time periods, and characters for the introduction text for their map. By going into the map properties, we can change these values:

And we see the results here:

Thanks so much Scatter!

194NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:56 pm

@mofu23 wrote:
~snip~ -- Naievil

jesus Christ i KNOW the psp has limited hardware, thats why i dont like that you're attempting to force an abysmal flamethrower effect when the psp clearly isn't powerful enough for that kind of effect.

Last edited by Naievil on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That's a big quote there)

View user profile

195NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Naievil

Staff
Staff
@ADZIE95 wrote:
jesus Christ i KNOW the psp has limited hardware, thats why i dont like that you're attempting to force an abysmal flamethrower effect when the psp clearly isn't powerful enough for that kind of effect.

- World at War clone
- This is low RAM
- Being a patch member I made the decision that the game would be better with it

ok then

I'm not going to remove it. Get used to it until I decide to make it better if I even want to do that.

196NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:40 pm

mofu23

Mapper
Mapper
@ADZIE95 wrote:

I'm not talking about just the PSP itself. It is a contributing factor but not the only factor. There are plenty of psp games that make beautiful flamethrowers because their engines are built that way. This one isn't.

However at the end of the day it's not really your decision to keep a flamethrower in game or not. It's up to the patch developers.

Cory in the House is the best anime around!
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research."
View user profile

197NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:30 am

Naievil

Staff
Staff
so after about 3 weeks of worrying and deciding to give up on NZP, I managed to fix the game breaking bug that was caused by git corrupting a piece of my QC.

updates are back! Smilez

198NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 am

i'm glad that this game is still getting some Progress atleast. ever since i started playing 1.1 beta, i've always been addicted to this game.

i really wish i can make custom maps on a Mac... plus, i'm still not able to create ones for 1.0 Demo/patches. i get a bug when i attempt it on my XP.

I like my Zombies Lively Undead.

NZP Hamachi Network:Lets play¡  Password:play
Steam:Revnova
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgHZmFFhYA6EuDN8wdo9Oag
Intrests:Zombie Murdering, and Horror
View user profile

199NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Naievil

Staff
Staff
@Douch_Dagger wrote:i'm glad that this game is still getting some Progress atleast. ever since i started playing 1.1 beta, i've always been addicted to this game.

i really wish i can make custom maps on a Mac... plus, i'm still not able to create ones for 1.0 Demo/patches. i get a bug when i attempt it on my XP.

Have you tried using Winescape? And do you mind posting the error on here?

200NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:44 pm

i used regular Wine to try and make maps, but the layout would always be black so i couldn't see anything.

also the bug i get is that all the textures are turned black and white, and i can't export it

I like my Zombies Lively Undead.

NZP Hamachi Network:Lets play¡  Password:play
Steam:Revnova
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgHZmFFhYA6EuDN8wdo9Oag
Intrests:Zombie Murdering, and Horror
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum