Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion: NZP version control for topics.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blubswillrule

blubswillrule
Game Developer
Game Developer

So an issue I see currently with the forums is that topics aren't NZP version controlled. For example: there are still old waypoint tutorials from old versions of the game, which lead to confusion when browsing the forums.

I suggest we add special tags to topic titles showing which version of NZP they were written about. (if applicable)

I was thinking of something along the lines of a special thumbnail similar to how members have an "Admin" or "Member" icon under their name.

Here's a mock-up of what I have in mind.
Suggestion: NZP version control for topics. 3Pab0Hz

This would also help out for custom maps, as topics could have what version of NZP they're made for so as to clear up confusion.
The NZP version would be visible at a glance, and should be selectable when posting a forum thread.

I also suggest we have some people churn through old topics and properly classify them for which NZP version they apply.
(of course I'm willing to help out for the sake of organization!)
What do you guys think?

http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

I'll see what I can do, I don't think that would be the possible (the image thing, even though it looks quite nice and would make it clear what is 1.1 content and what isn't), pre-made tags? Possibly, like [NZP 1.1] but I think that's as far as I can go, Forumotion is quite limited. D: But I'll try and get the idea you want working though.

EDIT:

Ok, here's what I got working with basic topic icons, let me know what you think:

Suggestion: NZP version control for topics. EfVTgaC

blubswillrule

blubswillrule
Game Developer
Game Developer

Wow, really nice!
Hopefully this helps people out on the forum. Smilez

Thanks dude.

http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: