Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lighting color and entity?

+2
SilverFox
Naievil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NZP 1.1 Lighting color and entity? Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

so, me and a friend are working on a map. its pretty big. i'm making an exit sign, but i want to give it that green light they usually have, i need to know the entity and how to change the color. i will also need it for other signs or anything i plan on making in the future.

what i'm doing:
Lighting color and entity? GJgLBoG

what i mean:
Lighting color and entity? Stock-photo-illuminated-green-exit-sign-attached-to-the-ceiling-in-a-public-transportation-facility-signage-145110442

2NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

This is Beta 1.1 right? I've never mapped for the Beta but I know that 1.0 has colored lights, where you just select the color.

All in all, and I'm sure that this won't actually work: place a light and in the "brightness" put 7 162 4

http://Naievil.tk

3NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:42 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

You can't do colored lights in Worldcraft which is why i switched to Jackhammer which can.

4NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:40 am

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

Alrighty then. also, i don't like jackhammar. it seems harder to use than Worldcraft... also because i don't know how to use it

5NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:48 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

It seems like he uses the old Quake map compilers which doesnt support colored lights.

6NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:39 am

PerikiyoXD

PerikiyoXD

Douch_Dagger wrote:Alrighty then. also, i don't like jackhammar. it seems harder to use than Worldcraft... also because i don't know how to use it

Trust me, Jackhammer is 99% the same as Worldcraft but better. You should use it.

7NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

PerikiyoXD wrote:Trust me, Jackhammer is 99% the same as Worldcraft but better. You should use it.

installing and the setup are the same? if not a tutorial on how to do that would be great. there are many things that i try looking for tutorials for, and they end up not having one. if there is, tell me.

8NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:07 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

-----> Tutorial <------

In that tutorial Frizzy links the new compilers, if you want you can try and see if they work with Worldcraft.

if not, then its really easy to follow frizzy tutorial. Also if your worried about converting to Jackhammer, don't be it's really easy.

9NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

SilverFox wrote:-----> Tutorial <------

In that tutorial Frizzy links the new compilers, if you want you can try and see if they work with Worldcraft.

if not, then its really easy to follow frizzy tutorial. Also if your worried about converting to Jackhammer, don't be it's really easy.

thats for NZP demo though. i'm doing work for NZP beta. i'm more comfortable with it

10NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:52 pm

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

Douch_Dagger wrote:
SilverFox wrote:-----> Tutorial <------

thats for NZP demo though. i'm doing work for NZP beta. i'm more comfortable with it

NZP Demo == NZP Beta

In terms of mapping, of course.

That tutorial is very relevant to NZP Beta also, setting up and compiling is the same, only thing you will need to make sure is your FGD is the Beta one.

11NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

alrighty then. i'll attemp it the right way then

12NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

eh... i already tried jackhammar for mapping on demo version... won't even load on ppsspp...

and when i tried mapping for the beta version, the textures were black and white. i'm using different FGDs for both. and different directories... that tutorial didn't really help me i guess...

13NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:06 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

You may need to run your textures through Wally ---> link <----, Texmex doesn't work with Jackhammer or atleast i never got it to work with Jackhammer.

it also could be your compiler settings. Here's my compiler settings.

If you ran Jackhammer as an administrator then there should be a file called "VDKRunCfg.ini" in the main jackhammer folder C:/program files/jackhammer

If you didn't run Jackhammer as an administrator then it should be located in "My Documents/jackhammer"

Just in case check both locations and if both locations have "VDKRUNCfg.ini"
do this next step for both.

Make a backup, and then open it and delete only config0, then replace it with mine:

Spoiler:

14NZP 1.1 Re: Lighting color and entity? Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

forgot to reply. but i tried it... jackhammar just isn't usable... its not at all helpful with anything at all

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum