Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you reskin models such as guns and props?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

Simple question other than what are the requirments needed to reskin models and weapons.

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

mofu23 wrote:Simple question other than what are the requirments needed to reskin models and weapons.

2.4/10 I don't recommend it without the original models

Regardless, it's possible, and I use the Quake 2 Model Editor that I attempted to use to reskin guns for Pack a Punch, and they always turn out pretty shitty but that's okay.

Moddb Link here

Likewise, you need to follow the use of the Quake palette for your colors, which is this:

How do you reskin models such as guns and props? Quakepal

Not to be confused with the DOOM Palette which comes up often when you search "Quake palette."

Anyways, I just realized that I shouldn't use that shitty program and should use QuArK (Quake  Army Knife) to reskin models. I'll download it and let you know how it turns out.

Regardless, the Quake 2 model editor is great in extracting skins from models and editing vertices.

http://Naievil.tk

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

Naievil wrote:

2.4/10 I don't recommend it without the original models

Regardless, it's possible, and I use the Quake 2 Model Editor that I attempted to use to reskin guns for Pack a Punch, and they always turn out pretty shitty but that's okay.

Moddb Link here

Likewise, you need to follow the use of the Quake palette for your colors, which is this:

How do you reskin models such as guns and props? Quakepal

Not to be confused with the DOOM Palette which comes up often when you search "Quake palette."

Anyways, I just realized that I shouldn't use that shitty program and should use QuArK (Quake  Army Knife) to reskin models. I'll download it and let you know how it turns out.

Regardless, the Quake 2 model editor is great in extracting skins from models and editing vertices.

good good i just want to reskin some weapons and props

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

i usually use a copy of the old skin. i get them from q2mdlr9b(not sure if thats what its called) then i paint over it on gimp. then i give it the pallete using Fimg_v02

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum