Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you reskin models such as guns and props?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mofu23

Mapper
Mapper
Simple question other than what are the requirments needed to reskin models and weapons.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cory in the House is the best anime around!
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research."
View user profile

Naievil

Staff
Staff
mofu23 wrote:Simple question other than what are the requirments needed to reskin models and weapons.

2.4/10 I don't recommend it without the original models

Regardless, it's possible, and I use the Quake 2 Model Editor that I attempted to use to reskin guns for Pack a Punch, and they always turn out pretty shitty but that's okay.

Moddb Link here

Likewise, you need to follow the use of the Quake palette for your colors, which is this:

Not to be confused with the DOOM Palette which comes up often when you search "Quake palette."

Anyways, I just realized that I shouldn't use that shitty program and should use QuArK (Quake  Army Knife) to reskin models. I'll download it and let you know how it turns out.

Regardless, the Quake 2 model editor is great in extracting skins from models and editing vertices.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
dr_mabuse wrote:good job Smilez

View user profile http://Naievil.tk

mofu23

Mapper
Mapper
Naievil wrote:

2.4/10 I don't recommend it without the original models

Regardless, it's possible, and I use the Quake 2 Model Editor that I attempted to use to reskin guns for Pack a Punch, and they always turn out pretty shitty but that's okay.

Moddb Link here

Likewise, you need to follow the use of the Quake palette for your colors, which is this:

Not to be confused with the DOOM Palette which comes up often when you search "Quake palette."

Anyways, I just realized that I shouldn't use that shitty program and should use QuArK (Quake  Army Knife) to reskin models. I'll download it and let you know how it turns out.

Regardless, the Quake 2 model editor is great in extracting skins from models and editing vertices.

good good i just want to reskin some weapons and props

Cory in the House is the best anime around!
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research."
View user profile
i usually use a copy of the old skin. i get them from q2mdlr9b(not sure if thats what its called) then i paint over it on gimp. then i give it the pallete using Fimg_v02

I like my Zombies Lively Undead.

NZP Hamachi Network:Lets play¡  Password:play
Steam:Revnova
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgHZmFFhYA6EuDN8wdo9Oag
Intrests:Zombie Murdering, and Horror
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum