Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

(Question) How can I get in contact with the Dev team?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hello! My name is Jerome Tomaskovich, and I'd like to know how to directly contact the Dev team. I was told they are looking for someone to do music for the game (not sure if this is true or not) and I'd like to make music to put in the game for free!

View user profile

Call16-Podolski

Smart, Just like a Chap.
Smart, Just like a Chap.
Well, this NZP forum has an unoffical development team - meaning this technically isn't the official NZP. I don't currently know if Naievil, who basically develops the patches, was looking for music creation at this time but all help is useful. I'm sure he'll discover this/ I'll point him towards it asap.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile
@jtomaskovich wrote:Hello! My name is Jerome Tomaskovich, and I'd like to know how to directly contact the Dev team. I was told they are looking for someone to do music for the game (not sure if this is true or not) and I'd like to make music to put in the game for free!

I'd really appreciate it if you did! I have been following this project for years, and have played quite a bit of it. I noticed the lack of background music in it, and I feel it would be beneficial to have some in the game! I'd love to help out Smilez If possible please have him contact me so we can have a further discussion on the matter. Thanks again!

View user profile

Naievil

Staff
Staff
I appreciate your modesty and your commitment to helping. Background music in NZP will mainly be composed of short tunes that loop over and over, flawlessly. This reduces memory usage and flows pretty smoothly. If you can create an ambient theme that can be put in the background of each game, I will take a listen and consider it.

Thanks!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
@dr_mabuse wrote:good job Smilez

View user profile http://Naievil.tk
Absolutely! Although I need a bit more info, how long are the loops you are hoping for? Also, do you just want a single loop or multiple for different levels?

View user profile

Naievil

Staff
Staff
@jtomaskovich wrote:Absolutely! Although I need a bit more info, how long are the loops you are hoping for? Also, do you just want a single loop or multiple for different levels?

Let me explain.

Some audio tools can set the start and end points of a sound file to the same bit, or whatever, so the Quake engine can read that the tune loops.

Tunes are to be VERY VERY short.

Listen to tune1.wav in nzp/sound/music/ and you'll get the idea. It's about 9 or 10 seconds long.

THIS is what we need to repeat in the background, something of this nature: 9 or 10 seconds, repeatable bits on the end, very very low file size, and an ambient sounding nature.

Good luck.

Is this kind of what you are looking for? Purposely made it quieter, 7 seconds, if you like the loop I'll export it to .wav and fine tune it.

soundcloud D O T C O M /jerome-tomaskovich-661213698/nzp-demo

View user profile

Naievil

Staff
Staff
Yes, something like that, but make it have a complete tune interval. Don't fade it out.

Try and make it a bit more subtle by turning down the tone a bit.

Fixed

soundcloud D O T C O M /jerome-tomaskovich-661213698/nzp-demo2

View user profile

Naievil

Staff
Staff
Slow the tune down a bit, don't have it be at such a high tempo

soundcloud D O T C O M /jerome-tomaskovich-661213698/nzp-demo2

I can get it slower if you'd like.

View user profile

Naievil

Staff
Staff
That's REALLY good, just a tad bit slower Smilez

Thanks! I slowed it down to 80 BPM and toned down the melody a bit more, so it should be good! If you're happy with it I'll export it. Would you like me to continue making more short loops like this? If so is there a particular place I  can send them and get feedback where I'm not taking up space? Or would you rather me continue posting here?

soundcloud D O T C O M /jerome-tomaskovich-661213698/nzp_demo1

Also hears a new one, purposely soudning a bit more arcadey.

soundcloud D O T C O M /jerome-tomaskovich-661213698/nzp_demo2

View user profile

Naievil

Staff
Staff
The thing is that I'm not looking for an electronic or arcade sound...I'm looking for some mild ambiance to match a WAW theme...

dr_mabuse

Administrator
Administrator
i wonder why you "devs" not using the build in hardware mp3 player for music instead thjose crappy mini wav files, but hey...

View user profile

slugparty

@dr_mabuse wrote:i wonder why you "devs" not using the build in hardware mp3 player for music instead thjose crappy mini wav files, but hey...

wait do you mean to tell me that all this time there's a way to play full mp3s in game instead of crappy looping wavs?

View user profile
i've always wondered what that scroll thing for the music volume option was useful for

I like my Zombies Lively Undead.

NZP Hamachi Network:Lets play¡  Password:play
Steam:Revnova
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgHZmFFhYA6EuDN8wdo9Oag
Intrests:Zombie Murdering, and Horror
View user profile

dr_mabuse

Administrator
Administrator
same music feature as in kurok engine.
it has been in psp quake engines since the beginning, but i think ppl are just to lazy (or maybe stupid lel) to use mp3s xD

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum