Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Using custom models in maps?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Using custom models in maps?  Empty Using custom models in maps? Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:53 pm

shanesurk500

Hey. I've been making an attempt at mapping and I have what I think is a good idea, but in order for it to work, i need to know if it's possible to use custom models in quake maps and, if so, how?

2Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:46 pm

G33420

it sounds possible too me you would just havee too make the.mdl file and put it in the progs folder of nzp then use a place model in worldcraft. but dont take any of this as fact its just an opinion

3Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:53 am

ArKaZeen

G33420 wrote:it sounds possible too me you would just havee too make the.mdl file and put it in the progs folder of nzp then use a place model in worldcraft. but dont take any of this as fact its just an opinion

yeah but when you distribute it you have to MAKE sure it is .mdl and that you also give out the model! And make a post as to how to put it in! XD

4Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 am

shanesurk500

Ok. Cool. Thanks for the tips. Smilez

5Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 am

SoulOfSet

SoulOfSet

Theres a plugin for blender that exports your model to .mdl format but from what I've heard, If i remember correctly, it's not very good. Ask Dr. Mabuse about it if you ever see him in the chat. He knows all about it.

https://nzportable.forumotion.com

6Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Old thread. He already knows it's possible. He gave me the all the models and I posted a thread showcasing them.

7Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm

ArKaZeen

SoulOfSet wrote:Theres a plugin for blender that exports your model to .mdl format but from what I've heard, If i remember correctly, it's not very good. Ask Dr. Mabuse about it if you ever see him in the chat. He knows all about it.

Mabuse FTW hes god!

Nah hes not god xD but he knows alot Tongue

8Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:12 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

i use GMAX for modeling and stuff, and the export plugin to Quake 3 MD3 format...
And Noesis for converting the MD3 to Quake MDL format...

Blender sucks imo...

9Using custom models in maps?  Empty Re: Using custom models in maps? Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:19 am

ArKaZeen

dr_mabuse wrote:i use GMAX for modeling and stuff, and the export plugin to Quake 3 MD3 format...
And Noesis for converting the MD3 to Quake MDL format...

Blender sucks imo...

told you Mabuse is epic!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum