Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Texturing Tutorial

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NZP Demo Texturing Tutorial Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:40 am

RedDevil497

RedDevil497

So looking around the tutorials section I don't see any tutorials for textures so I decided to make one myself and hope to help some people out.

Good textures are a must for any good map you make. You can get textures from downloading regular images off of sites, Downloading textures off of sites, And also making your own. Here is one site to get started with textures: http://www.quaddicted.com/files/wads/
A good way to get textures is also just to go to Google Images and search for some kind of pattern you might want.

Now there are a couple programs you'll need if you want to be a texture champ. One program, Wally, Can be used to edit textures, Inject textures, Rip textures, and more. Its a must have for any NZP map maker. Get it Here.
You could also use Adobe Photoshop. It is a very good program which you could use to create awesome texture designs.

Another good texture making program is Texture Maker. I use both it and Photoshop.

You could also use Gimp for textures as well. Personally, I use the first three but hey, everybody's opinion varies, So a download for Gimp is Here.

All of these programs are pretty self-explanatory. I'm not going to go into great detail with all of them but I'm sure if you look around Youtube you could find some tutorials on them. One thing I will clear up for any confusion out there is transparencies. Transparencies are a texture which you want one specific part to be transparent to the world behind it. You create a transparency with the texture by making an Alpha Channel. Its kind of hard to explain in words but again, I'm sure there are some tutorials on Youtube about it. Basicly the just of it is you use Photoshop or Gimp or whatever to create another channel on the texture. Personally, I use ZHLT so just by putting a { in front of the texture and setting the color I want transparent to 255 it works. But with Quake Tools you have to use an Alpha Channel.

Also, When putting textures into a .wad with Wally, First off - Any and all textures you use must be Divisible by 16. Don't make the textures too big or they will take up some unnecessary space. Good sizes would be like 32x32, 64x64, 128x128. Then what I usually do is copy the image and hit paste as new on the wad menu. I'm sure there are other ways to do this but it works this way.

So..yeah, Those are some must have programs for mappers. If you have any questions with any of them then feel free to ask me, I don't bite. Remember transparencies are achieved with an Alpha Channel, If you use ZHLT then setting the color you want gone to 255 and putting a { in front of the texture name works just fine, It just won't look as good as an Alpha Channel. And, Remember texture sizes must be divisible by 16, And don't use too big of sizes or it will eat up space. And well, Good luck with your designs and I hope you got something out of this.

2NZP Demo Re: Texturing Tutorial Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:26 pm

FUCK EIRCOM
They banned Pirate Bay
Texturing Tutorial Untitl11
Aw well I have other sources to get PhotoShop for free

3NZP Demo Re: Texturing Tutorial Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Um no friizy. It works for me, and my friend..

4NZP Demo Re: Texturing Tutorial Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:51 pm

ArKaZeen

Crazymaze wrote:Um no friizy. It works for me, and my friend..

Some Internet Service Providers block TPB and will probably be blocked by all sooner or later :P

5NZP Demo Re: Texturing Tutorial Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:24 pm

ArKaZeen

@Dreize, what about this "warez"

Click the first "here" and you'll see.

6NZP Demo Re: Texturing Tutorial Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:23 pm

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

deleted the warez links...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]