Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help on map making! Quakeone downloads not working!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SpaceCloudd

I want to get into NZ:P map making so I watched TrueNightmareGaming's tutorial, I go to the description to download the worldcraft 3.3 installer, quake adapter for worldcraft 3.3 and texmex texture manager, but none of the downloads work I'm just met with "Not Found". None of the downloads work. I looked at other tutorials but it seems NZ:P requires those 3 files and i can't find them anywhere else online. Does anyone have any downloads for all 3 of the files? Or any other help it would be greatly appreciated!

2Help on map making! Quakeone downloads not working! Empty NZP Map Making Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:18 pm

BCDeshiG

BCDeshiG

As for map making, follow this tutorial by Friizy: https://nzportable.forumotion.com/t1986-nzp-mapping-guide

WorldCraft isn't as good for newer versions of NZP so I use JACK. The above tutorial is very helpful for NZP demo, Unofficial patch and the Reboot (as well as the Requiem mod) though you'll have to do waypoints in game.

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Moving topic to appropriate section

http://Naievil.tk

SpaceCloudd

BCDeshiG wrote:As for map making, follow this tutorial by Friizy: https://nzportable.forumotion.com/t1986-nzp-mapping-guide

WorldCraft isn't as good for newer versions of NZP so I use JACK. The above tutorial is very helpful for NZP demo, Unofficial patch and the Reboot (as well as the Requiem mod) though you'll have to do waypoints in game.

Thanks for this I'll be sure to check it out! But I just got into NZ:P and I don't know all the versions of the game and mods and patches and reboots and versions like that. Can you list me the diffrent versions and which ones run on PC (Without an emu)? And does this tutorial (the one you linked) work with NZ:P 1.1 Beta PC? Sorry for any trouble!

5Help on map making! Quakeone downloads not working! Empty NZP versions Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 am

BCDeshiG

BCDeshiG

SpaceCloudd wrote:Thanks for this I'll be sure to check it out! But I just got into NZ:P and I don't know all the versions of the game and mods and patches and reboots and versions like that. Can you list me the diffrent versions and which ones run on PC (Without an emu)? And does this tutorial (the one you linked) work with NZ:P 1.1 Beta PC? Sorry for any trouble!

I'm not sure if it will work with the beta versions unfortunately.
However, it will work for the 1.0 Demo and Unofficial Patch (which are only on PSP) as well as the PC Reboot (and the mod Requiem).

Although called patches/mods, both Unofficial Patch and Requiem work standalone.
Unofficial Patch: https://nzportable.forumotion.com/t1976-patch-nzp-unofficial-patch-1-0-5-1 [PSP]
Requiem: https://github.com/BCDeshiG/requiem [PC]

SpaceCloudd

Thanks for the help! Is there one that you recommend me use (PC versions only)?

7Help on map making! Quakeone downloads not working! Empty NZP versions Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:42 am

BCDeshiG

BCDeshiG

SpaceCloudd wrote:Thanks for the help! Is there one that you recommend me use (PC versions only)?
Depends on what you want.
Use the Reboot if you need coop, otherwise use Requiem since it has more features.

Following the tutorial, your maps should in theory work for the newer psp releases as well as the newer pc releases as long as it is optimised. Things like new perks added in Requiem will not show in PSP though, otherwise its fine.

EDIT: One important thing to bear in mind is that PSP requires waypoints unlike PC which works fine without (though still advised to make them).
Also, PC uses a different waypoint format to PSP.

Last edited by BCDeshiG on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Waypoints compat.)

SpaceCloudd

BCDeshiG wrote:
Depends on what you want.
Use the Reboot if you need coop, otherwise use Requiem since it has more features.

Following the tutorial, your maps should in theory work for the newer psp releases as well as the newer pc releases as long as it is optimised. Things like new perks added in Requiem will not show in PSP though, otherwise its fine.

EDIT: One important thing to bear in mind is that PSP requires waypoints unlike PC which works fine without (though still advised to make them).
Also, PC uses a different waypoint format to PSP.

I launched up requiem and it only says join server same for reboot? Do they both have co op? And how am I supposed to play?

9Help on map making! Quakeone downloads not working! Empty Requiem Install *sigh* Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:45 am

BCDeshiG

BCDeshiG

SpaceCloudd wrote:I launched up requiem and it only says join server same for reboot? Do they both have co op? And how am I supposed to play?

You should have read the README file. Go to "/pc/req/source" folder and run the "fteqccgui.exe". Press compile and let it do its thing. After, whenever you want to play, run "requiem.exe" in the "pc" folder.
This question was kinda off topic so should have been in another thread.

SpaceCloudd

BCDeshiG wrote:

You should have read the README file. Go to "/pc/req/source" folder and run the "fteqccgui.exe". Press compile and let it do its thing. After, whenever you want to play, run "requiem.exe" in the "pc" folder.
This question was kinda off topic so should have been in another thread.

If requiem does release co-op will I still be able to use the maps I made for Reboot on Requiem?

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

SpaceCloudd wrote:

If requiem does release co-op will I still be able to use the maps I made for Reboot on Requiem?

Some small updates may be necessary, but I believe that since Requiem just uses the Reboot as the base then you should be fine.

http://Naievil.tk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum