Nazi Zombie Portable
Please log in or register. If you're not logged in you cannot download maps.

Nazi Zombies Portable Official Community


You are not connected. Please login or register

Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working..

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:39 pm

I have this game on my other pc which has windows xp and 1 gb of ram and the game runs good there..

However on this laptop with windows7 64 bit with 4gb ram and intel hd graphics whenever I try to run the .exe it doesn't open up,I mean the process appears in task manager but then automatically closes..I tried running in compatibility mode,running as admin,tried adding exceptions in both antivirus and the firewall but still the same...any help?

View user profile

2 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Maybe Try Re-Instailling nzp

View user profile

3 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Guest


Guest
What kind of error comes up? And can you run another game or Darkplaces game?

4 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:23 pm

I downloaded it more than 3 times again already..no error shows up...the process of it shows up in task manager but then disappears after like 5 seconds..I tried CS portable and it also has the same problem..while I have all others like cod mw,mw3,mw2 they all work fine..

View user profile

5 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:24 pm

jastolze

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
NafilSoofi wrote:I have this game on my other pc which has windows xp and 1 gb of ram and the game runs good there..

However on this laptop with windows7 64 bit with 4gb ram and intel hd graphics whenever I try to run the .exe it doesn't open up,I mean the process appears in task manager but then automatically closes..I tried running in compatibility mode,running as admin,tried adding exceptions in both antivirus and the firewall but still the same...any help?

Just to be clear: You did download it from the official site and not a 3rd party, right? If you downloaded from like mediafire or 4shared, it could have been infected. Not sure on why it doesn't run though.

Here's an idea: You mentioned it pops up in task manager, so right click on it under the applications tab and click "Switch to". It might not have displayed correctly.

View user profile

6 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:28 pm

jastolze wrote:
NafilSoofi wrote:I have this game on my other pc which has windows xp and 1 gb of ram and the game runs good there..

However on this laptop with windows7 64 bit with 4gb ram and intel hd graphics whenever I try to run the .exe it doesn't open up,I mean the process appears in task manager but then automatically closes..I tried running in compatibility mode,running as admin,tried adding exceptions in both antivirus and the firewall but still the same...any help?

Just to be clear: You did download it from the official site and not a 3rd party, right? If you downloaded from like mediafire or 4shared, it could have been infected. Not sure on why it doesn't run though.

Here's an idea: You mentioned it pops up in task manager, so right click on it under the applications tab and click "Switch to". It might not have displayed correctly.

I downloaded from moddb and from here from the announcements section....still not working :/

View user profile

7 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Guest


Guest
NafilSoofi wrote:
jastolze wrote:
NafilSoofi wrote:I have this game on my other pc which has windows xp and 1 gb of ram and the game runs good there..

However on this laptop with windows7 64 bit with 4gb ram and intel hd graphics whenever I try to run the .exe it doesn't open up,I mean the process appears in task manager but then automatically closes..I tried running in compatibility mode,running as admin,tried adding exceptions in both antivirus and the firewall but still the same...any help?

Just to be clear: You did download it from the official site and not a 3rd party, right? If you downloaded from like mediafire or 4shared, it could have been infected. Not sure on why it doesn't run though.

Here's an idea: You mentioned it pops up in task manager, so right click on it under the applications tab and click "Switch to". It might not have displayed correctly.

I downloaded from moddb and from here from the announcements section....still not working :/

Download the Shareware version of Quake:

http://quakeone.com/freequake/en.html

Extract it, then download Darkplaces, and extract its contents to the location of Quake's .exe. Darkplaces:

http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/download.html


Click on the "Windows 64" because you're using a 64Bit version of Windows 7.

If it works, then it might be an NZP issue.

8 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:44 pm

I wouldn't assume it's a Win7 64bit error, because I've always played NZP on Win7 computers.

Did you try asking those Moddb guys (if, of course, it continues to be an error)?

View user profile

9 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Just a suggestion but it would be more helpful to put a couple screens. Some of the people here would be able to recognize the problem than just describing it. Anyways, make sure that you don't have any other software that prevents you from opening "Suspecious" or "Malicious" programs.

View user profile

10 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 pm

View user profile

11 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:13 am

nizbea$t wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unL0-9PUZxw

Hope this helps dude!

Still doesn't work...I'm gonna upload a video to show what the problem really is..

View user profile

12 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 am

Guest


Guest
NafilSoofi wrote:
nizbea$t wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unL0-9PUZxw

Hope this helps dude!

Still doesn't work...I'm gonna upload a video to show what the problem really is..

Download these, install both them (2005 first, then 2008), and come back to us on whether it fixed it or not.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable

Hope it helps. :cute:

13 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:26 am

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:
NafilSoofi wrote:
nizbea$t wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unL0-9PUZxw

Hope this helps dude!

Still doesn't work...I'm gonna upload a video to show what the problem really is..

Download these, install both them (2005 first, then 2008), and come back to us on whether it fixed it or not.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable

Hope it helps. :cute:

Still the same...man this is pissing me off Frown

View user profile

14 Re: Nazi Zombies Portable.exe not working.. on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 am

Something weird...I moved the .exe file to the desktop and ran it,however now my screen resolution became very small like 640x480 and then the process disappears and thus again the resolution goes back to normal..This happened after I allowed the .exe through the firewall

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum