Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

What kind of double tap did you guys use?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What kind of double tap did you guys use? Empty What kind of double tap did you guys use? Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 pm

mynameiserick

mynameiserick

In WAW and black ops 1, double tap just made you shoot faster. But in blops 2, it made you shoot faster and added extra damage. So which one did you guys put? (sorry if this is bad, i was just curious)

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

The devs originally used WAW Double Tap. From what Blubs said, I'm pretty sure they were working on Double Tap V2 where you add the extra damage.

http://Naievil.tk

blubswillrule

blubswillrule
Game Developer
Game Developer

I just downloaded the uploaded source code to double check 2.0.

We implemented just Double Tap, but the code for implementing Double Tap 2.0 is there.

In case anybody wants to go in and enable it, here's what you gotta' do!

In the QC/weapons/Weapon_Core.qc

Line 702 that reads
Code:
//====/Double tap 2.0 ====
   shotcount = 1;//dt2Multi;

Should be changed to
Code:
   shotcount = dt2Multi;

And that's it!

Now Double Tap will fire 2 bullets for every 1 bullet, just like it does in Black Ops 2!

You can confirm this by shooting at a wall from the hip and seeing the 2 bullet impacts on the wall.

http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

blubswillrule wrote:I just downloaded the uploaded source code to double check 2.0.

We implemented just Double Tap, but the code for implementing Double Tap 2.0 is there.

Now Double Tap will fire 2 bullets for every 1 bullet, just like it does in Black Ops 2!

You can confirm this by shooting at a wall from the hip and seeing the 2 bullet impacts on the wall.

Holy smokes Batman! thats a great idea!

17madman

blubswillrule wrote:I just downloaded the uploaded source code to double check 2.0.

Line 702 that reads
Code:
   shotcount = 1;//dt2Multi;

Should be changed to
Code:
   shotcount = dt2Multi;

And that's it!

What do you mean in QC/weapons/Weapon_Core.qc? How do i get there?

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Going to lock the topic afterwards, but he's talking about using the QuakeC source he provided.

If you use the unofficial patch then you already have this implemented.

If you're curious about coding, then you can post a question in a different forum.

Thanks!

http://Naievil.tk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum