Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help for current map and future map!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

NOTE: This is not a WIP thread. There are no screenshots of the future map. This is just to ask for help on the map.Dont ask for screenshots mods.

Hello everyone.

I have a few things I want to know in order for me to finish up the map.

1. Does anyone know how to make non-breakable glass? (I forgot how)
2. Which entities work perfectly in the NZP Demo? (Aside from the enemies)
3. How big can a map get before it becomes unplayable?

Now for the things needed for the future map:

1. Is it possible for custom weapons to be added to replace a weapon only for this specific map? (As in custom weapon X replaces the Gewher only for this map)
1.(Part 2) Is it possible to have custom enemies? (Also map exclusive)
2. How long can easter eggs last in terms of a song?
3. Can textures glow? (By the way my next map is Tron themed)

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

mofu23 wrote:NOTE: This is not a WIP thread. There are no screenshots of the future map. This is just to ask for help on the map.Dont ask for screenshots mods.

Hello everyone.

I have a few things I want to know in order for me to finish up the map.

1. Does anyone know how to make non-breakable glass? (I forgot how)
2. Which entities work perfectly in the NZP Demo? (Aside from the enemies)
3. How big can a map get before it becomes unplayable?

Now for the things needed for the future map:

1. Is it possible for custom weapons to be added to replace a weapon only for this specific map? (As in custom weapon X replaces the Gewher only for this map)
1.(Part 2) Is it possible to have custom enemies? (Also map exclusive)
2. How long can easter eggs last in terms of a song?
3. Can textures glow? (By the way my next map is Tron themed)

1. Make a brush; apply glass texture (can provide a reference one if needed); ctrl+t; func_illusionary; rendermode 5; renderamt 80ish;

2. place_model; fog via worldspawn; explosive_barrel; item_radio; all perks obviously; soon to be teleporter functions as well; light; light_environment; weapon_wall; both mysterybox entities; that's all that I can think of off the top of my head.

3. Really really big. Doesn't matter the size of the world; what matters is the amount of things it has to render; aka, more/bigger brushes, more lag/crashes; also note that .mdl models are hated by the quake engine, but look really pretty. So just use them wisely I guess.

---

1. Sadly no, as they would need to be implemented in the engine in order to work properly

1b. Sadly no, as they would need to be implemented in the .qc

2. Doesn't matter, from what I remember, all that matters is the quality of the music and size of the file.

3. From a tron perspective, you may be able to have a stark contrast in the map due to it being blue/black or orange/black and have many different lights surrounding them. That's the ghetto way at least.

http://Naievil.tk

PerikiyoXD

PerikiyoXD

3. This may help somehow. http://www.celephais.net/stuff/texturefaq.htm
Look for "Fullbrights" part. I think that fullbright textures arent available on NZP engine as uses GL based render (PSP GPU is GL based afaik).

KK, ignore that. Just use BRIGHT colors on your textures.

BRIGHT is 223 or higher for each RGB value.

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

Thanks guys. Is there anyway to implement the features mentioned into next version of he beta. That's all I want to know now.

Wait also how can I put transparent textures

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

mofu23 wrote:Thanks guys. Is there anyway to implement the features mentioned into next version of he beta. That's all I want to know now.

Wait also how can I put transparent textures

Will look into it! Smilez

Transparent textures are the same method as glass

http://Naievil.tk

SilverFox

SilverFox

The texture "sliplite" in id_base.hlwad is a glowing texture that i used in my research center map.

Also put "~" in front of textures to make them transparent.

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

mofu23 wrote:3. Can textures glow? (By the way my next map is Tron themed)

i was actually doing tron stuff too, but for nzp beta. i already have the zombies done. i just need to finish the map. i actually want to make the zombies to glow though... well, just the blue on them. i hope we can share tips xD

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

This is to douche dagger. Sure I would like to share both ideas and assests with, although currently I still need to finish hell before moving on to any other projects

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

mofu23 wrote:This is to douche dagger. Sure I would like to share both ideas and assests with, although currently I still need to finish hell before moving on to any other projects

sure, its alright with me. i got lots of ideas

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

I did start on plans though. I'll probay be finished with hell my the end of the month. (Probably intentional)

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

i made a tron lightcycle... but apparently looking at it in-game makes me lag a bit. not sure if it would to you though. wanna test it out? i play on a mac, so that would be a reason why it makes me lag.

PerikiyoXD

PerikiyoXD

Could you post some screenshot of how you did it?

Also, note that dynamic lightning lags because of the engine.

Douch_Dagger

Douch_Dagger

PerikiyoXD wrote:Could you post some screenshot of how you did it?

Also, note that dynamic lightning lags because of the engine.

you wanna see how i did it? or what it looks like?
also... the right textures will be done when possible.

Last edited by Douch_Dagger on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum