Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want to make your desktop awesome?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

Yes, Its me mofu23 off on a little break.
I feel like this is some neccesary information to all the people looking to get more out of their PC. Before i go on, i should let you all know that the following items WEREN'T made by me. Credit will be given. Now without further ado, lets get to the fun part. Here was my desktop a month ago.
Do you want to make your desktop awesome? Untitled.2
Its even better now though. Now onto how to add them.

Rainmeter: http://rainmeter.net/cms/
Rainmeter is basically a desktop customization tool that allows you to post "apps" on your screen. There are plentiful design options to choose from. In the time this picture was taken I used Mass Effect, and distant planet skins. This app works on Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Rocketdock: http://rocketdock.com/
If you wished to make your Windows look a little like a Mac, this toolo is for you. Rocketdocks is a application launcher similar to mac application launcher. This tool can be used to add any application but its still in its beta so dont expect a lot from it. Works on Windows XP/Vista/7/8
DreamScene7: http://dreamscene.org/
Vista user dont have to get this tool (at least i dont think so). This tool allows windows 7 users to add animated wall paper. YES, ANIMATED. There is a similar tool for windows XP called XPscene but I'm a little unfamiliar with it. Again this only works on Windows XP/7. No 8 sorry.
DeskSpace: http://www.otakusoftware.com/deskspace/
Unfortunatly, this tool isnt free like the others. But what this tool does is that it gives your windows computer a 3D user interface. Its pretty cool but unless you have $24 then i suggest look for something else.

REMINDER: I DONT OWN THESE DON'T COME CRYING TO ME IF YOU CAN'T GET IT RUNNING. ASK THE CREATORS.

NafilSoofi

Nice stuff but you forgot to mention one thing and that is these type of programs DO make your performance a bit slower.

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

NafilSoofi wrote:Nice stuff but you forgot to mention one thing and that is these type of programs DO make your performance a bit slower.
not by much. there isnt much affected. rainmeter itself will only lag if you add a fuck load of apps into it. But you have to reminder yourself some of these applications (such as rocketdocks and dreamscene7) are still betas. These program will encounter some problems but not anything that could crash your computer

More shit to make Windows slower than what it already is.. xD

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:More shit to make Windows slower than what it already is.. xD
again it doesnt slow windows down. With all of this crap going on, i am still able to run tons of programs besides my small cpu speed. But im not forcing you to download this crap. its up to you.

Dalgerus

Dalgerus

Yeah I wouldn't put all this high tech cool looking stuff on the desktop it slows your computers performance greatly and can cause freezes, lags, and crashes. To have a great performance I would stick to dull small PC Usage things. Too much Usage can cause your computer to go blue screen and crash. I know some stuff looks cool but you have to know what the affects of having such things on your computer are before you put it on.....I've had animated desktops before because I thought they were cool, but they really slowed down my computers performance..So I wouldn't recommend putting stuff like this on your computer......

Dalgerus Averndehl Vanerith [ZSA] (Zombie Slayers Alliance)

Oraki51

Oraki51

Dalgerus wrote:Yeah I wouldn't put all this high tech cool looking stuff on the desktop it slows your computers performance greatly and can cause freezes, lags, and crashes. To have a great performance I would stick to dull small PC Usage things. Too much Usage can cause your computer to go blue screen and crash. I know some stuff looks cool but you have to know what the affects of having such things on your computer are before you put it on.....I've had animated desktops before because I thought they were cool, but they really slowed down my computers performance..So I wouldn't recommend putting stuff like this on your computer......

If you have a good computer then go ahead and do these things. I've never had a blue screen, ever, considering I've always had decent processing speed.

Oraki51 wrote:
Dalgerus wrote:Yeah I wouldn't put all this high tech cool looking stuff on the desktop it slows your computers performance greatly and can cause freezes, lags, and crashes. To have a great performance I would stick to dull small PC Usage things. Too much Usage can cause your computer to go blue screen and crash. I know some stuff looks cool but you have to know what the affects of having such things on your computer are before you put it on.....I've had animated desktops before because I thought they were cool, but they really slowed down my computers performance..So I wouldn't recommend putting stuff like this on your computer......

If you have a good computer then go ahead and do these things. I've never had a blue screen, ever, considering I've always had decent processing speed.
I wouldn't say they'd cause blue screens, but I have 6GB of ram and and AMD Quad Core and don't really see much of a performance reduction when I have tons of programs open.

EDIT: Your CPU speed won't mean you won't get BSODs, they can happen from software/hardware crashes or failures.

Last edited by Scobalula on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkspines

Darkspines

These work pretty nice for me. It's everything else on my computer that makes it slower than hell.

http://mlzk.forumotion.com

Dalgerus

Dalgerus

You guys are correct I mean I can run Black Ops, WaW, and NZP and still have smooth performance...Of course Because I have a Lenovo lol but I had a computer in the past where I would put stuff like this on there and I'd get blue screens...of course it was pretty old...it was a desktop computer not like the ThinkPad Edge laptop I have now LOL

Darkspines

Darkspines

Dalgerus wrote:You guys are correct I mean I can run Black Ops, WaW, and NZP and still have smooth performance...Of course Because I have a Lenovo lol but I had a computer in the past where I would put stuff like this on there and I'd get blue screens...of course it was pretty old...it was a desktop computer not like the ThinkPad Edge laptop I have now LOL
besides, as a programmer once said, "Don't be afraid to tinker around with your computer. If it breaks then you will know the next time. Do what you want and see what happens" the guy who said that was the guy who wrote the Box2D engine, engine used in angry birds.

http://mlzk.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum