Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can't Render map on VHE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can't Render map on VHE Empty Can't Render map on VHE Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 am

anubiz

anubiz

I got a little problem in VHE, when i render a map, here is the log first...
Spoiler:

And i go to my nzp rendered maps folder and there is not .BSP File of my map...

Please Guys give me some help :C

2Can't Render map on VHE Empty Re: Can't Render map on VHE Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:35 am

Manuel Valle7

It means that you placed an Invalid Character in anything that has to do with compiling, for example: Textures, map name, path of the maps or any path that you have. Make sure that for the paths and the names that you DON'T have any spaces or ' <-- These kind of characters or else it will give you that error that you have right now. For Example....This could be your path for placing your compiled maps:
C:\Users\Javier\Desktop\Valve Hammer Editor!\My Maps\

Make sure you don't have any invalid characters in there... And also make sure that the textures you are using don't either..

3Can't Render map on VHE Empty Re: Can't Render map on VHE Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 am

Here's your problem:

----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\ZHLT\hlcsg.exe "c:\users\javier\documents\nazi zombies portable\maps\dump2"
Entering c:\users\javier\documents\nazi zombies portable\maps\dump2.map
Error: Line 2057 is incomplete (did you place a " inside an entity string?)

One of your placed textures is called: "#default" or whatever that default grey brick texture is called.

Either open up the wad in Wally and change the name, or replace those textures. Anything else we can help you with post back!! :cute:

4Can't Render map on VHE Empty Re: Can't Render map on VHE Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 am

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

Thats a problem with folders name, do not put folders with spaces between names, this will fix ur problem i think

5Can't Render map on VHE Empty Re: Can't Render map on VHE Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:57 pm

anubiz

anubiz

Yeees ! :DD Thank you guys, you help me a lot !!!

Respect.. and greetings !

6Can't Render map on VHE Empty Re: Can't Render map on VHE Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:59 pm

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

anubiz wrote:Yeees ! :DD Thank you guys, you help me a lot !!!

Respect.. and greetings !

NP Dude, check my VHE tutorial for new compilers tools for VHE, just test them, make a ZHLTv30 folder on your VHE and Add these files of the rar, make another profile and test ^^

7Can't Render map on VHE Empty Re: Can't Render map on VHE Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:33 am

anubiz

anubiz

Yeh, now my map is rendering finally, the lighting appears to be good on the map, but now i have a liitle problem:

Can't Render map on VHE Acx3qfxy

yes, as you can see, VHE now dont render the map with the textures, so guys, thats my new problem, please help me :C !!!!

if much annoyed with this is because I'm new in VHE :P

8Can't Render map on VHE Empty Re: Can't Render map on VHE Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 am

anubiz wrote:Yeh, now my map is rendering finally, the lighting appears to be good on the map, but now i have a liitle problem:

Can't Render map on VHE Acx3qfxy

yes, as you can see, VHE now dont render the map with the textures, so guys, thats my new problem, please help me :C !!!!

if much annoyed with this is because I'm new in VHE Tongue

Make sure your compiler settings are set-up correctly.

Here are mine:

Can't Render map on VHE Compilersettings_zps6a0281f4

Anything with: $(something here)_exe has to be in command, everything with $path\$file has to be in parameters, to make it easier I have let a spoiler with stuff to copy & paste so you don't have to type it all out. :cute: Where you see configurations, click edit and click new, type any name into here, it won't really matter. Then drop down the box and select it, then click new 4 times and click the empty boxes beside the newly created commands to tell the compiler to use them. Copy and paste these in exact order, csg first, bsp second, vis third and light last.
When you see the compiler window come up make sure you're in expert mode.
Spoiler:

Of course, there might be better compiler settings out there, but these are what I use and work perfect for me, just keep csg_exe the same, as it tells the compiler to add textures. :cute: Hope it helps!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum