Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems Ive Encountered

+3
true nightmare
zAeroXYZ123
SilverFox
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Problems Ive Encountered Empty Problems Ive Encountered Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

I recently started mapping using Worldcraft and I have run into some problems.

Firstly, my maps scale is way out of proportion, so how do i correctly scale my map to nzp's size?

Secondly, I have some textures that need importing to Worldcraft, but their in .WAD format how do I convert it to .HLWAD format?

2Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:25 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

hey i can fix the second problem, to convert wads.

before all of this, make sure the file "all-wads-to-hlwad.exe" is deleted from the textures folder in your worldcraft folder because that program doesnt work at all.DELETE IT!

Now go download texmex if you havent.you can find it on google.

Open texmex>File>Open...>anything.wad.

when you open you wad file, go to file>Save Copy>Wad3

delete the .wad extension and add the hlwad in its place.

sometimes it will have both extensions when you put it in,so go back to that copy,and remove the wad extension. then your done!

And before all of this, make sure the file "all-wads-to-hlwad.exe" is deleted from the textures folder in your worldcraft folder

Ps. anything.wad is just my example of whatever wad your trying to convert.

3Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:53 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

thanks for the help.

4Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:23 am

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

also for the first question,i didnt understand what you were asking,really all you do for scaling is constantly test it out to see how big it is.keep worldcraft open when you start nzp,because when you switch from nzp to worldcraft immediately,your mind now has time to remember how the map looks and instantly knows when and how to scale it.

5Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:50 am

Or you could fuck the Quake Adapter and use Worldcraft on its own with WAD3 or use HLBSP.

6Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:02 am

true nightmare

true nightmare
Administrator
Administrator

By map scale you mean its either too big or too small right? highly everything in worldcraft and make it smaller or bigger depending on what you need

https://www.youtube.com/user/turenightmare

7Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:55 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

Thanks all my previous problems are fixed, but now I get errors when i compile.

-Invalid brush plane format on line 7

-Error opening C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp: No such file or directory

8Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:13 pm

true nightmare

true nightmare
Administrator
Administrator

check this page, not too sure about it what it has to do but I think it will help

http://www.quake-1.com/wc16a-tutorial/brushes.html

https://www.youtube.com/user/turenightmare

9Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:16 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

nvm fixed it thanks. It was one of my custom textures that was causing the problem.

10Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:09 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

SilverFox wrote:Thanks all my previous problems are fixed, but now I get errors when i compile.

-Invalid brush plane format on line 7

-Error opening C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp: No such file or directory
wait,i get that last problem whenever i compile.howd you fix that?just by that custom texture?

11Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:06 am

SilverFox

SilverFox

zAeroXYZ123 wrote:
wait,i get that last problem whenever i compile.howd you fix that?just by that custom texture?

I realized that the "Error opening C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp: No such file or directory" only happens if you had an error compiling.

so, "Error opening C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp: No such file or directory" doesn't mean a thing.

what you should be looking for is the first error that occurred during compiling

so by fixing my "Invalid brush plane format on line 7" it fixed my "Error opening C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp"

12Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:03 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

now it says something totally different.

C:\Users\kenny_000\Desktop\Maps\moon.bsp is version 30, not 29

i have no idea what this means.

13Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:43 pm

SilverFox

SilverFox

Not a clue,

but, does it happen when your compiling

if so, is that your only error

14Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

okay so your gonna laugh,i accidentally switched the build program for bsp compiling to bsp2map.exe.

its supposed to be txqbsp.and then i got that same error just now compiling it.now i have your kind of error

"Entity with no valid brushes or textures on line 1939"

now im not sure where that line is though cause it doesnt tell you the x or y location.

yea but im also gonna post this on the help me also.

15Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:10 am

zAeroXYZ123 wrote:okay so your gonna laugh,i accidentally switched the build program for bsp compiling to bsp2map.exe.

its supposed to be txqbsp.and then i got that same error just now compiling it.now i have your kind of error

"Entity with no valid brushes or textures on line 1939"

now im not sure where that line is though cause it doesnt tell you the x or y location.

yea but im also gonna post this on the help me also.
I only see that error on QBsp if one of your brushes has no textures at all on all or some faces, or the faces on it have a mix of clip and normal textures.

16Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:23 am

jukki

jukki
Administrator
Administrator

I would dirch the qbsp and use hlbsp. Just saying WinkeyWink

17Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:16 am

Dalgerus

Dalgerus

To answer your texture problem Here's a source I found:

WAD3 format

The WAD3 format is similar to the WAD format of Quake, except that each texture entry is followed by a short (number of palette entries), then 256 RGB entries describing its palette. The old Quake WAD just used one overall palette, but each texture in Half-Life has an individual palette, thus the format change. Writers of WAD utilities should be able to parse the file format given the above information.

Makels.exe

Makels.exe is a simple program that generates a script file for easy compiling of textures into a WAD. With Quake, multiple textures would be referenced on a single 320x200 page, and the script file had to be written by hand to give ripping coordinates, etc. Slow process.

Now each texture is an individual BMP file, utilizing the whole space (no non-texture areas of the canvas), so no hand input of coordinates is necessary. Makels creates the script by looking into the specified directory, and writing the script referencing all the BMPs it finds in that directory. Simple and painless. The command line is thus:

Makels <directory of BMPs name> <output WAD name> <scriptname>

The output will be scriptname.ls. This file can then be fed to qlumpy, which grabs the BMPs according to the script and builds the WAD file. Included is a batch file that will compile the sample textures.

Qlumpy.exe

Qlumpy.exe rips all the bmps files and makes mip-maps out of them, and compiles them into a WAD file. It uses the .ls file to know what to do. Just typing "qlumpy scriptname.ls” should be all you need to do.

Makewad.bat

Makewad.bat is a simple batch file that should compile the sample texture folder into a sample WAD file, suitable for WorldCraft. It shows you what to do when running the utilities, and can of course be duplicated and renamed, rewritten to make different WADs from different directories of textures, etc.

18Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

jukki wrote:I would dirch the qbsp and use hlbsp. Just saying WinkeyWink
THIS!!!!

HLBSP has support for textures with own palettes, colored lights, MUCH better looking lightmaps
and alot of more optimized stuff like max render distance (good for psp) etc..

I used Q1BSP before but now i dont want to go back anymore xD

19Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:47 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

ive been using vulcazons zhlt hl tools but they keep giving me errors.im not even sure if they are the right ones.
everyone keeps saying, use hlbsp, when i dont even know where to get them.i look them up on google and i get the wrong ones and most of them dont have the download button somewhere so i can downlaoad it.

if your going to tell someone to get something, at least give them the link to where it actually is,or bag up your files and upload them to mediafire.

20Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:08 pm

zAeroXYZ123 wrote:ive been using vulcazons zhlt hl tools but they keep giving me errors.im not even sure if they are the right ones.
everyone keeps saying, use hlbsp, when i dont even know where to get them.i look them up on google and i get the wrong ones and most of them dont have the download button somewhere so i can downlaoad it.

if your going to tell someone to get something, at least give them the link to where it actually is,or bag up your files and upload them to mediafire.
http://zhlt.info/

21Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

never mind guys,the problem with my whole freaking situation with the invailid brush is my clip texture for the nzp guns. thats why my maps all keep not working.im sooo pissed.what did i do wrong? i dont know wich clip texture to use.

22Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:41 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

i dont know whats wrong

23Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

juanpe500

juanpe500

when apear C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp: No such file or directory, its normally when you put to mucho comands to your clip textures

http://jpsoyyojajaja.es.tl

24Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:33 pm

zAeroXYZ123

zAeroXYZ123

juanpe500 wrote:when apear C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp: No such file or directory, its normally when you put to mucho comands to your clip textures
Never mind, trigger textures are used for guns only,and now i know that.i kept using clip texture and finally i figured out the problem why it dont export into my map folder.

Stupid mistakes

25Problems Ive Encountered Empty Re: Problems Ive Encountered Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:41 am

Dalgerus

Dalgerus

zAeroXYZ123 wrote:
juanpe500 wrote:when apear C:\Users\Cory\Desktop\Maps\Research_Center.bsp: No such file or directory, its normally when you put to mucho comands to your clip textures
Never mind, trigger textures are used for guns only,and now i know that.i kept using clip texture and finally i figured out the problem why it dont export into my map folder.

Stupid mistakes

eh heh heh....I always make silly mistakes, but at least you figured it out..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum