Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

PSP 2000 vs 3000

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 pm

ScatterBox

ScatterBox

Alright, so I've run into quite a problem.. I can't decide whether to get a PSP 2000 or a PSP 3000. (Yes, the struggle is real)

I've been searching around the interwebs for quite some time now. Looking through forums, reading reviews, ect. But I can't really trust anyone's word but yours. Smilez

So, I've been wanting a PSP for a long time, but the money is short right now.. (what could you expect!? I'm 14. xD) I made $20 dollars today and it brought me that much closer to being able to buy a PSP, and I should be able to pick one up by Christmas. Well, I've been looking at which version I should buy. The 2000, or the 3000. (I'll probably end up telling you why I'm not debating getting the 1000 in here.. I tend to write topics 10 times as long as they need to be)

OK, so here are some factors I've been looking at.

1. PSP 2000 can be "hard hacked" meaning you can turn it completely off and it would still be hacked (on most models). But really this isn't a problem for me. I wouldn't mind "re-hacking" it each time I completely shut it off.

2. PSP 2000 vs 3000 screen issues: OK, so this one is kind of a big deal to me, and is also where I get stuck most. You see, the 2000 seems to have a pretty bad ghosting issue from what I can see, whilst the 3000 may have a better color range, it has scan-line issues and still a slight ghosting issue. Really what I want to know is if the 3000 is worth the more vibrant colors (even though people say it has bad scan-line issues) or is it better just to stick with the duller 2000 colors.

3. Cost: I'm on a bit of a tight crunch. I really would like to have this PSP as soon as I can for 3 reasons.
"
1. Play NZ:P
2. Play COW (when it gets released)
3. Test Beyond the Lines
"
Now really this is where it all comes together. Do I get a used 2000 model (new or 3 times more expensive then 3000) or a new 3000.
2000 is about $70 (USD) and 3000 is about $100 (USD).

So, what would you guys do? Stay cost efficient, and buy a 2000 at the cost of not having as vibrant colors/slight ghosting issues, or get a 3000 which is a bit more expensive and has some pretty bad screen issues. Any input is great. This is probably where I will make my final decision.. (also I should note that I've had a 1000 in the past a loooonnnggg time ago. It was great for playing regular games, but the reduced ram would make it bad for homebrew games such as NZ:P, or the epic high quality, 10/10 better then PS4 graphics of Beyond the lines (also COW))

OK, I'm done. Maybe you read this, maybe you didn't. But if you did it would be kinda cool if you answered my question, and solved all of my problems... :DAnyways, I'm done typing for the night, my hands hurt.

2PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:21 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

get a PSP 2000...

Some PSP 3000 has scanline issues on the display...

3PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:31 am

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

dr_mabuse wrote:get a PSP 2000...

Also, almost all PSP 2000's can run any permanent CFW.

The 3000 series, however, can only run LCFW, and can only be permanent if on 6.20.

The 3000 series apparently has a tougher screen.

4PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:09 pm

jastolze wrote:
dr_mabuse wrote:get a PSP 2000...

Also, almost all PSP 2000's can run any permanent CFW.

The 3000 series, however, can only run LCFW, and can only be permanent if on 6.20.

The 3000 series apparently has a tougher screen.
My E-1000 has latest firmware and has to run a temporary CFW but has quick recovery mode. VeryHappy

Also don't get the E-1000, it has good screen but no wifi and shit mono speaker....

5PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:49 pm

ScatterBox

ScatterBox

Ok, this has been awesome, thanks for the help guys! VeryHappy I think I've decided on the 2000. I'm not to worried about duller colors. Also, I see MOST boards can be permanently hacked, and can be un-bricked if you get it bricked. This would be good since Senior ended up bricking his 3000 trying to install remotejoy lite to record a video for Beyond the Lines.

6PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:43 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

How the hell did senior manage to brick his psp w/ remote joy? It does absolutely nothing to the flash files.

7PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:00 pm

ScatterBox

ScatterBox

jastolze wrote:How the hell did senior manage to brick his psp w/ remote joy? It does absolutely nothing to the flash files.
He pressed the wrong button when installing.

8PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

ScatterBox wrote:
jastolze wrote:How the hell did senior manage to brick his psp w/ remote joy? It does absolutely nothing to the flash files.
Pressed a wrong button? Seriously? I refuse to believe this. Like I said above, it DOES NOTHING to the flash0. Therefore, it can't cause any damage. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, it's just that, if it really did brick, Remote Joy wouldn't be the culprit.

9PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

ScatterBox

ScatterBox

jastolze wrote:
ScatterBox wrote:
Pressed a wrong button? Seriously? I refuse to believe this. Like I said above, it DOES NOTHING to the flash0. Therefore, it can't cause any damage. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, it's just that, if it really did brick, Remote Joy wouldn't be the culprit.
Then he smashed his PSP into bits for nothing.. xD I don't have proof this really happened. I just sent him a message asking him to get RJ-L to record a video. He got back to me saying he pressed the wrong button on his PSP and he had to smash it to get the memory card out.. this is all I know.. VeryHappy

10PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:52 pm

ScatterBox wrote:
jastolze wrote:
ScatterBox wrote:
Then he smashed his PSP into bits for nothing.. xD I don't have proof this really happened. I just sent him a message asking him to get RJ-L to record a video. He got back to me saying he pressed the wrong button on his PSP and he had to smash it to get the memory card out.. this is all I know.. VeryHappy
Memory Card is pretty easy to get out PSP and most devices with MCs, all you have to is push it to release it.

Also "He got back to me saying he pressed the wrong button on his PSP and he had to smash it to get the memory card out", thus Remote Joy did not break his system, I used it fine on mine.

11PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:51 pm

ScatterBox

ScatterBox

Scobalula wrote:
ScatterBox wrote:
jastolze wrote:
ScatterBox wrote:
Memory Card is pretty easy to get out PSP and most devices with MCs, all you have to is push it to release it.

Also "He got back to me saying he pressed the wrong button on his PSP and he had to smash it to get the memory card out", thus Remote Joy did not break his system, I used it fine on mine.
I think you read wrong.. he pressed the wrong button WHILE installing remotejoy. anyways, this wasn't meant to break out into a fight about what happened. I'm not the one who did it. So ask Senior if you don't believe.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys. VeryHappy

12PSP 2000 vs 3000 Empty Re: PSP 2000 vs 3000 Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 pm

AceNTempus

AceNTempus

PSP 2000 SLIM

w/ armor :3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum