Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial)

+2
anubiz
mofu23
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

So lately, some mappers have experienced some problems with the new version of NZP, one of them being "flying zombies." I have tried many methods and have found the best ways to get rid of this bug.

1. Try setting the zombie flag to "ground rises" (works sometimes)
and the most important is
2. Set your entire map above the x-axis (the blue line)
How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) Bug_fi10
the line in the middle

I don't know why this works but it works.

anubiz

anubiz

When i saw this, i opened the original natch der untoten map of the demo, and i looked to the axis:

How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) Axis_n10

in this map, the axis are on a side of the map and a little bit more up.

I remembered that i was doing a demo for my map AlienRooftop, but in the down floor the zombies got stucked in the air, then i checked for the axis here, and as you can see here, that's the reason of why the zombies get stuck:

Axis was here:

How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) Axis_a10

and the zombies got stuck

As you can see, the zombies will get stuck because the axis is up here.

To be completely sure, tried this with a new map, it works fine.

How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) Axis_d10

so the SOLUTION is: Put your map a little bit up of the axis (x, y, z) we don't know why, but it works, thank you mofu for discover this, i hope to see more maps for the demo!!! VeryHappy

thanks mofu for giving this...

Greetings...

Last edited by anubiz on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

anubiz wrote:When i saw this, i opened the original natch der untoten map of the demo, and i looked to the axis:

How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) <a href=How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) Axis_n10" />

in this map, the axis are on a side of the map and a little bit more up.

I remembered that i was doing a demo for my map AlienRooftop, but in the down floor the zombies got stucked in the air, then i checked for the axis here, and as you can see here, that's the reason of why the zombies get stuck:

Axis was here:

How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) <a href=How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) Axis_a10" />

and the zombies got stuck

As you can see, the zombies will get stuck because the axis is up here.

To be completely sure, tried this with a new map, it works fine.

How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) <a href=How to get zombies to walk! (Bug Fixing tutorial) Axis_d10" />

so the SOLUTION is: Put your map a little bit up of the axis (x, y, z) we don't know why, but it works, thank you mofu for discover this, i hope to see more maps for the demo!!! VeryHappy

thanks mofu for giving this...

Greetings...

Your welcome. Hopefully, it will get more people to map again

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

wtf? Weirdest bug i ever seen xD
Anyway good to know this, maybe im continue working on my little map now xD

blubswillrule

blubswillrule
Game Developer
Game Developer

I agree, this bug was really weird!

Either way, it's fixed now in the dev build.

Thanks for the info guys!

http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

anass-nzp125

anass-nzp125
Mapper
Mapper

And it fix zombies waypoints too cause in ndu there is only i think 50 waypoints or so and they are working perfectly and there are some places empty of waypoints and the zombies still get to me in these places and i think it is caused by the axis but in my map land,i didn't put the axis under the map and when i leave some places empty of waypoints,i get an error so Tongue(i'm not sure with that)

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Another method to help fix this bug:

If you are linked to the latest version of the updated Mapping Kit, then you likely can see the zombie model while in the Jackhammer editor. If you have set the angle for the zombie spawn to be anything but 0, you're going to get the falling motion. Yes, the zombies may be backwards, but they turn around instantly and walk fine.

http://Naievil.tk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum