Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Tue May 26, 2015 7:30 am

TheOneAndOnlyAero

TheOneAndOnlyAero

I forgot to post this earlier,but I and a couple of guys tried to test psp infrastructure and adhoc mode for regular psp.Infrastructure failed and I couldn't do adhoc mode cause my second psp didn't have a memory stick.I'm sure adhoc works on psp but I didn't have what I needed.but most of us anyway have ppssp emulator.

I and Renova, tried doing ppssp adhoc,because infrastructure isn't availible on the emulator.we had no strategy for connecting ourselves so I looked online.I found adoc server maker (originally for tekken online)and tried using it.it was a command prompt that allowed me to connect to him.It failed as a result Renova has a Mac and the addresses in ppssp for Mac are empty. Any Ideas?

2Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Re: Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Tue May 26, 2015 1:06 pm

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

TheOneAndOnlyAero wrote:I forgot to post this earlier,but I and a couple of guys tried to test psp infrastructure and adhoc mode for regular psp.Infrastructure failed and I couldn't do adhoc mode cause my second psp didn't have a memory stick.I'm sure adhoc works on psp but I didn't have what I needed.but most of us anyway have ppssp emulator.

I and Renova, tried doing ppssp adhoc,because infrastructure isn't availible on the emulator.we had no strategy for connecting ourselves so I looked online.I found adoc server maker (originally for tekken online)and tried using it.it was a command prompt that allowed me to connect to him.It failed as a result Renova has a Mac and the addresses in ppssp for Mac are empty. Any Ideas?

Multiplayer currently isn't supported by NZP.

3Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Re: Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Wed May 27, 2015 9:23 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

Both Adhoc and infrastructure are broken on the engine.
Nobody knows what crowbar did, because the code is exactly the same like in Kurok
(which has working adhoc and infrastructure lel).

4Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Re: Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Wed May 27, 2015 12:41 pm

TheOneAndOnlyAero

TheOneAndOnlyAero

dr_mabuse wrote:Both Adhoc and infrastructure are broken on the engine.
Nobody knows what crowbar did, because the code is exactly the same like in Kurok
(which has working adhoc and infrastructure lel).

Is crowbar one of the old devs? and how can it be broken if kurok is working and they are the exact same, why wont we just recopy over and see the problem?

5Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Re: Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Wed May 27, 2015 12:47 pm

PerikiyoXD

PerikiyoXD

Are you going to do it? Is a time expensive process to check the problems and fix them

6Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Re: Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Wed May 27, 2015 1:07 pm

TheOneAndOnlyAero

TheOneAndOnlyAero

i would love to,but you know i know nothing of coding but opening code in notepad++ like jukki.
and i know nothing of what it might do.

@dr.mabuse,i remember on moddb, jukki showed a video on adhoc mode woking with 2 psps in a house.so its not completely broken. it probably only works on one connection.

Theoretically,if i had my ip addess in ppsspp settings, and someone else pastes my ip in there emulator settings as well, then we should be able to connect? and plus whether or not i use the command prompt, it increases our likely hood we will connect?

7Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Re: Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Wed May 27, 2015 1:20 pm

blubswillrule

blubswillrule
Game Developer
Game Developer

TheOneAndOnlyAero wrote:i would love to,but you know i know nothing of coding but opening code in notepad++ like jukki.
and i know nothing of what it might do.

@dr.mabuse,i remember on moddb, jukki showed a video on adhoc mode woking with 2 psps in a house.so its not completely broken. it probably only works on one connection.

Actually, I made that video. VeryHappy

Yeah, I was looking into multiplayer on the psp for a bit, unfortunately my testing situation was not great.
I only had a psp 3k and a psp 1k to test on, and I am still unsure if it was due to hardware issues, or engine issues, but the wlan would not turn on correctly on the 1k, which made  testing a pain in the ass..

As evident in the video, I had gotten somewhere and it was "multiplayer" (> 1 player in a map at once, though the stability was awful), but due to the issue I mentioned above I couldn't really continue my tests later on in the development.

Add that to the issue of not being able to test online with jukki/tom because of how far they are away.
I was kinda' shit outta' luck.

Also, the tests I had success with were with both psp's connected to the same wifi network, using their local IP's to connect, so I wasn't able to test mp over the actual internet.

When I get back to NZP, I do want to take a look at the multiplayer again, because I do feel like I got pretty damn close that last time, but finding free time is a challenge.. (unfortunately) Frown

http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

8Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Empty Re: Nzp PSP emulated multiplayer info Wed May 27, 2015 1:53 pm

TheOneAndOnlyAero

TheOneAndOnlyAero

Ok, well finding free time isnt easy, so you need to plan it.

can you tell me an occurence when your not too busy so we can try online, just me and you,and you can give me direction on what to do?

Because we could have this entire multiplayer situation figured out early and if you need any changes made, then you can make them. according to mabuse, both infrastructure and adhoc are working on kurok.so maybe nzp can work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum