Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

May I do this?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1May I do this? Empty May I do this? Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:05 am

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

Am I allowed to have the source of NZP 1.1 (the older one, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind as you're now releasing the demo's source)? If you don't have it, am I allowed to attempt a decompile on it? I rather it so far than the demo, so I'd like to just patch up some stuff and make a custom mod patch.

http://www.wheel-games.webs.com

2May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:29 pm

blubswillrule

blubswillrule
Game Developer
Game Developer

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I feel as though developing older versions of NZP would lead to fragmentation of both mods and the community, and that's the last thing we need for NZP.

Why do you prefer to work on the 1.1 vs the demo?
Is it because of the pc release?

http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

3May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

blubswillrule wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I feel as though developing older versions of NZP would lead to fragmentation of both mods and the community, and that's the last thing we need for NZP.

Well said, Blubs.

As for the PC release, it would be nice of course, but until Jukki (if I remember correctly, he was working on it) finishes it, PPSSPP works just fine.

http://Naievil.tk

4May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:14 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

I've had no experience what-so-ever with quake mods on PSP at all, so I've mostly stayed clear of it. If I knew about how it works, I would attempt to port it to PC, but I'm not that qualified (you're the ones making the proper PC port).

I was mostly planning on just doing some simple things that were extremely simple that I could put into the older version, e.g. perk machine sounds + a couple of other things. It would make a nice patch to that version, as some of those things that were left out of the version will never otherwise be added (changing to a new version).

5May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

WillWow wrote:I've had no experience what-so-ever with quake mods on PSP at all, so I've mostly stayed clear of it. If I knew about how it works, I would attempt to port it to PC, but I'm not that qualified (you're the ones making the proper PC port).

I was mostly planning on just doing some simple things that were extremely simple that I could put into the older version, e.g. perk machine sounds + a couple of other things. It would make a nice patch to that version, as some of those things that were left out of the version will never otherwise be added (changing to a new version).

I'll go into my fake tech support/moderator mode:

Hi there, WillWow:

As you can see, there is not yet a PC version for the latest NZ:P Demo. This is due to my overall general laziness (talking about me here, guys, not the forum admins/devs) as well as the amount of time it takes to develop the PC version.

These patches that you mention, though, what do you mean by perk sounds? As an End User for Beta 1.1, we could modify sound files that the game contained, replacing them to whatever our hearts desired.
I'm not sure what you mean by Perk Sounds, but as a Patch developer, I would be more than happy to include these changes within the NZ:P 1.0 Demo.

Also, feel free to introduce yourself in the Forum's introduction section! Smilez

/mod

Basically that.

6May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:05 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

You're working on patches for the demo?

Who's making the PC port? (If I could help out would be nice, something important for me other than working on my Team Fortress Two map and HL2 maps)

I mean how the perk machines make music in the proper CoD games.

And... heh... I have already done an introduction. Around two years ago, that is! XD
(I've been here since 2012 or something, and I never made an intro until a year later)

Also, the fact NZP is missing SO many crucial mapping elements is extremely irritating. Half of the .fgd functions don't work, sooo...

Thanks for replying to my not-so-much-support-but-more-like-a-question-and-I'm-now-in-your-fake-admin-joke thing!

7May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

WillWow wrote:You're working on patches for the demo?

Who's making the PC port? (If I could help out would be nice, something important for me other than working on my Team Fortress Two map and HL2 maps)

I mean how the perk machines make music in the proper CoD games.

And... heh... I have already done an introduction. Around two years ago, that is! XD
(I've been here since 2012 or something, and I never made an intro until a year later)

Also, the fact NZP is missing SO many crucial mapping elements is extremely irritating. Half of the .fgd functions don't work, sooo...

Thanks for replying to my not-so-much-support-but-more-like-a-question-and-I'm-now-in-your-fake-admin-joke thing!

1. Yes, I am among the few that are still actively doing it.

2. The NZP team is doing the PC version, though they reject any type of help </3

3. Are you referring to the music that plays when you're around the general area? That can be tricky to program but can be done. I'll look into it, but there's a pretty large list of things ahead of it to be taken care of first.

4. Yeah, we pretty much just shoved all of the introductions into the Custom Maps forum, and Mods generally say to introduce users.

5. What crucial aspects are missing exactly?

8May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:12 am

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

Like ambient_general doesn't work, func_plat doesn't work, multiple other things that make mapping a lot easier are missing. I have had to use a func_door to make an elevator for a Die Rise test map before, and some others have done that too.

I've been able to use map entities to fire 'play (as in play sound)' commands and other tricks to be able to make perk machines play their jingles, and it involves a .wav with a refrigerator sound playing, along with the jingle at a certain part of the looping fridge sound. The .wavs also have a trick applied to them to make them loop. I made ones for most of the perks, and they all play at different times to avoid the music overlapping. The one issue is that they only start playing after you go near them, and then they keep looping (from the location the player was in when they set it off), instead of just playing as an ambient sound when the game starts (from it's position).

9May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:20 am

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

Oh and blubs is your PM inbox full or something? You haven't replied to my PM.

Working on 1.1 mods wouldn't fragment NZP, like people's un-official mods for the demo. There's a 1.1 tag I guess for a reason on the forum, so it's not a problem for most of us. It also allows more functionality for maps that will not be updated to the demo, because of the creators.

10May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:08 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

Bumping, please will people read... Not sugar coating the issue here, I'll just be blunt. I'm trying to not cause more trouble with double posting or spam, but I can't progress with my thoughts until some of these get answered. I'm not meaning you have to post on my map thread because that is a lot like a blog to me, but other threads, feedback is helpful. ESPECIALLY if someone explicitly asks for it.

The community doesn't work if people only pay attention to their threads and are not proactive to reply to other threads. I often reply to threads with my input, and I usually sit waiting for replies, and overnight no-one sees my post.
Please don't tell me you're busy with IRL stuff. I see your little name at the bottom, and you do nothing while being online. Is a question not as important as a missing fullstop to you admins?

Not bashing you though, you're keeping the place in order at least. The one issue is that the community isn't flourishing with people posting. To be honest, I'm the only person with the 'member' rank who actually is more-or-less active. I return from long breaks, and I get involved when I can. Most people who are like me, posting and making maps, get special 'Mod' ranks and 'Admin' ranks, along with 'Mapper' ranks (don't ask me why some admin calling me a mapper makes me a mapper. I could map and not ask for the rank, meaning I'm not a 'mapper').

Remember: ATTACK THE MESSAGE, NOT THE MESSENGER.

(And I saw you, whoever it was, editing the rules after I told thee to read the forum rules on my sig. Remember, about using capitals at the start of a sentence? You removed that rule after I said that xD)

Direct your replies toward earlier posts in this thread, not toward this post. This post is a bump, and is in no way a change of topic, a misdirected quadrant of conversation or an attempt to hassle forum admins and/or other users.

11May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:18 am

PerikiyoXD

PerikiyoXD

Naievil wrote: That can be tricky to program but can be done
Easy Bro. Willing to add Custom Start/End music for each map (Well, I would want to set specific limits ;P)
WillWow wrote:I've been able to use map entities to fire 'play (as in play sound)' commands and other tricks to be able to make perk machines play their jingles
Well, Thats pretty EZ so we can add it to next DEMO patch.
WillWow wrote:Working on 1.1 mods wouldn't fragment NZP, like people's un-official mods for the demo. There's a 1.1 tag I guess for a reason on the forum, so it's not a problem for most of us. It also allows more functionality for maps that will not be updated to the demo, because of the creators.
At the moment, people is "Trying" to do those unofficial patches for demo because we dont want to wait a year (or two) to see next release, while we can release 4 or 5 patches instead.
The Tag was designated for the point of, when able to do it, mark new maps using the old format (Running on NZP 1.1) to help people differentiate them. BTW, the map section has been splitted and now is easier to know where are the 1.1 maps / Demo maps. 1.1 is over, trust me. Ive tried to get SourceCode but you wont get it, they obfuscated the progs.dat so well, used -O3 on fteqcc compiler (Maximum obfuscation) and you may get empty chunks. (Ive tried before)
WillWow wrote:
Full Willwow's message - Click to open:
Actually, I cant tell you if they are really busy, because I dont know, but if I were, I wont be here, for sure. BTW, as some programmers said: Dont repeat yourself, its annoying and a waste of time. I recommend you come and do stuff on Demo 1.0 instead of Beta 1.1 because they wont give you the SourceCode, Ive tried before a LOT of time and just, had to wait to the Demo 1.0 SRC release.

Note that i took some time to do this, i would want you to know that some people prefer do other stuff, like develop the patches, instead of doing this "active user" stuff, and YES, i always should look for my posts and my threads.
Sincerely, Peri

EDITED Tongue

12May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:28 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Well, I'm going to sound like a dick, but here we go (crap, now that I FULLY read the post, I shouldn't reply to this). I'm not an admin for this forum, but boy do I love it.

WillWow wrote:Not sugar coating the issue here, I'll just be blunt. I'm trying to not cause more trouble with double posting or spam, but I can't progress with my thoughts until some of these get answered. I'm not meaning you have to post on my map thread because that is a lot like a blog to me, but other threads, feedback is helpful. ESPECIALLY if someone explicitly asks for it.

So your 'double posting' is allowed, because it's more of a bump, which is fine. I didn't know that when I first came here so I understand your state of mind. As for not posting on the map thread, it's a Beta 1.1 map, which pretty much counts me out as I try to stay only in the Demo. That was just a personal choice for me, I know that there are a ton of amazing mappers that have retired that were around for Beta 1.1, and I'm not saying that you aren't talented. The two of us talked specifically through PM about your models, and I was wrong, as they are really low poly. You did do a great job on them and I plan on including it in a way later update.

WillWow wrote:The community doesn't work if people only pay attention to their threads and are not proactive to reply to other threads. I often reply to threads with my input, and I usually sit waiting for replies, and overnight no-one sees my post.

The community doesn't work because this is a niche community. We are very, very small. Yes, we used to be much larger, and just because people don't reply to your post doesn't mean that they don't see it. I don't usually see you in the chatroom in the forum's main page. Come and join us, that's mostly where the fun is. To be honest, I reply to almost every new thread out there.

WillWow wrote:Please don't tell me you're busy with IRL stuff. I see your little name at the bottom, and you do nothing while being online. Is a question not as important as a missing fullstop to you admins?

While you do not post the name of the user you're talking about, it is clear that you are attacking someone, which is not only contradictory to what you're saying in a quote later on, but it also divides us and lessens our moral. This is what Blubs is talking about, the fabrication of the community. If you are referring to anyone not replying to the mapping issues you described, it's because I'm hard at work trying to implement them. It isn't because I'm ignoring you, it's because my IRL stuff is trying to fix the issues you described.

I'm not an admin, but all of our admins were quality posters, are responsible for the site while it was basically abandoned, and have been managing the forum well.

WillWow wrote:Not bashing you though, you're keeping the place in order at least. The one issue is that the community isn't flourishing with people posting. To be honest, I'm the only person with the 'member' rank who actually is more-or-less active. I return from long breaks, and I get involved when I can. Most people who are like me, posting and making maps, get special 'Mod' ranks and 'Admin' ranks, along with 'Mapper' ranks (don't ask me why some admin calling me a mapper makes me a mapper. I could map and not ask for the rank, meaning I'm not a 'mapper').

Remember: ATTACK THE MESSAGE, NOT THE MESSENGER.

To be honest, juts because I have a "Mapper" rank, doesn't mean that I don't do other things. I pretty much pour 5 hours into doing NZP tests and trying to implement things that people want just because I feel like doing it. I'm not attacking you, but I really only do this stuff to make people happy. Yes, we don't have any members that post; yes, it's just so that they can leach our maps; but if it makes them happy to leach my stuff, I'm totally going to do it.

WillWow wrote:Direct your replies toward earlier posts in this thread, not toward this post.

Uh...whoops. (I may delete this at a later time)

Anyways, it's basically Blub's decision to release the source unless it's leaked.

I'm sorry that if I didn't sound friendly in the above rant, I really just feel as though the mods and devs do their job well Frown. All in all, you do amazing work and we are lucky to have your models and input on the forum Smilez

13May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:31 pm

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

Upon reading this thread....

May I do this? Tumblr_inline_n98r9ppEmM1qfobjc

14May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:56 pm

PerikiyoXD

PerikiyoXD

FRiiZY_DuDE wrote:Upon reading this thread....

May I do this? Tumblr_inline_n98r9ppEmM1qfobjc

May I do this? V6TzXEe Im so impressed...

15May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:09 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

@Naievil
I wasn't meaning anyone in particular, if I was I would have specified it (Damn English, can't differentiate between you singular and you plural like you used to with thou and ye)
You don't have to delete your post, it's perfectly fine.
And no, you didn't sound like a dick at all. I sounded like a dick, so I'd think you have permission to do that to me xD

@FRIZZY_DUDE
Waht you on 'bout?

@PerikiyoXD
Yeah, my map is 1.1, so that's why I don't really need people saying stuff on there. I mentioned in there that I use it mostly as a blog now.
1.1 is not over. For PSP, yes, it is over. But for PC, it has a lot of potential. I've been attempting a dissassemble of the code (not a de-compile) as you've said about de-compiles not working.
1.1 has more capacity on PC then using a PSP emulator (I don't; I actually have a proper PSP Tongue), and I'm not talking about 1.1 maps not being set apart from demo maps when I talk about the titles and such. I'm talking about setting apart modifications. You would make a modification to the 1.1 source if you had it, wouldn't you?

16May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:11 pm

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

WillWow wrote:
@FRIZZY_DUDE
Waht you on 'bout?

This thread is a complete mess, that's what I'm on 'bout.

WillWow wrote:Bumping, please will people read... Not sugar coating the issue here, I'll just be blunt. I'm trying to not cause more trouble with double posting or spam, but I can't progress with my thoughts until some of these get answered. I'm not meaning you have to post on my map thread because that is a lot like a blog to me, but other threads, feedback is helpful. ESPECIALLY if someone explicitly asks for it.

blubswillrule wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this.

WillWow wrote:The community doesn't work if people only pay attention to their threads and are not proactive to reply to other threads. I often reply to threads with my input, and I usually sit waiting for replies, and overnight no-one sees my post.
Please don't tell me you're busy with IRL stuff. I see your little name at the bottom, and you do nothing while being online. Is a question not as important as a missing fullstop to you admins?

This issue is for the NZP; why would you expect a reply from the Admins/Mods like myself about this?

I am admin, I am not apart of the NZP team nor is anyone expect those in the NZP Devs group, I am not here to reply to every single post that comes up, I am here to Administrate the forum. I do reply to threads of course if I have some form of valid input to give.

WillWow wrote:Not bashing you though, you're keeping the place in order at least.

Thank you, appreciate it, we have more plans we are currently working on including moving away from Forumotion to a paid host with proper domain to give us more control.

WillWow wrote:The one issue is that the community isn't flourishing with people posting.

Well we can't force people to post...however as you've noticed I have been working on making the forum more user friendly, to encourage more users, and it seems to be working to some extent which is evident. WinkeyWink

WillWow wrote:To be honest, I'm the only person with the 'member' rank who actually is more-or-less active.

What does this have to do with anything? Also those ranks do not define how acitve you are, it just means you made x posts that are required to get into the group.

WillWow wrote:I return from long breaks.

Yep, you fuck off for months and come back even more of a prick than the last time you were here.

WillWow wrote:and I get involved when I can. Most people who are like me, posting and making maps, get special 'Mod' ranks and 'Admin' ranks, along with 'Mapper' ranks (don't ask me why some admin calling me a mapper makes me a mapper. I could map and not ask for the rank, meaning I'm not a 'mapper').

Release a map then for the 1.1 Demo that is of standard and we'll see. People earn their spots, if your map if of quality you'll get a spot as a mapper.

WillWow wrote:(And I saw you, whoever it was, editing the rules after I told thee to read the forum rules on my sig. Remember, about using capitals at the start of a sentence? You removed that rule after I said that xD)

Your signature didn't follow the rules; the rules weren't modified because you broke them.

Are you happy I replied to your shitty little post now? Smilez

17May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:15 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

Thanks I guess? Tongue

(And I was saying about someone else breaking the rules, the one who edited my sig to tell me it was against the rules broke the use capitals at the start of a sentence rule)

The 'shitty post' was a bit shitty but that's what happens if you don't sugar coat it. Plus, sugar coated shit still is shit, so... meh

18May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:38 am

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

WillWow wrote:
(And I was saying about someone else breaking the rules, the one who edited my sig to tell me it was against the rules broke the use capitals at the start of a sentence rule)

Can you elaborate on this please?

19May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 am

PerikiyoXD

PerikiyoXD

WillWow wrote:Yeah, my map is 1.1, so that's why I don't really need people saying stuff on there. I mentioned in there that I use it mostly as a blog now.
1.1 is not over. For PSP, yes, it is over. But for PC, it has a lot of potential. I've been attempting a dissassemble of the code (not a de-compile) as you've said about de-compiles not working.
1.1 has more capacity on PC then using a PSP emulator (I don't; I actually have a proper PSP Tongue), and I'm not talking about 1.1 maps not being set apart from demo maps when I talk about the titles and such. I'm talking about setting apart modifications. You would make a modification to the 1.1 source if you had it, wouldn't you?

Youre right, actually at PSP, the DEMO is 1000% better. But, be sure that next release will be also for PC. I would be heading to 1.0 mapping, as we actually dont need to ROLLBACK more into the time and, i guess that, we dont really need to separate the groups into PC / PSP, becuase i am used to the PPSSPP emulator. Is not bad, just takes time.

Also yes, PC actually, the better option is 1.1 because runs natively. But i stiill prefer run an Emulator to play 1.0 DEMO instead of the old 1.1 BETA, because we actually dont have the sourcecode, is impossible to get the NZP_Defs & Defs qc's and that is the real basics to make a "CLONE" of the progs. It  would be possible by debugging, that i guess its disabled. BTW, im just going out of topic.

Conclussion is that, 1.0 DEMO eats 1.1 BETA in customisation (aka modding).

20May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 pm

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

@FRiiZY_DUDE
There used to be some rule about using capital letters at the start of a sentence on the forums, and I was pointing out that 'sig removed - read forum rules!' should have started with a capital letter. It was mostly a jole though.

@PerikiyoXD
Yeah, 1.0 demo 'eats' (xD) 1.1 in the way of mods, agreed. When the PC version comes out, I'll be looking at modding it too, but for the time being I'm working on Radiation 2025 for 1.1. You will see it for the demo, but it will have to be edited quite a lot (up the scale of textures I made scaled down in the map. I mean by making a texture draw over an object multiple times instead of being stretched over the whole when I say 'downscaled')

21May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:35 pm

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

WillWow wrote:@FRiiZY_DUDE
There used to be some rule about using capital letters at the start of a sentence on the forums, and I was pointing out that 'sig removed - read forum rules!' should have started with a capital letter. It was mostly a jole though.

@PerikiyoXD
Yeah, 1.0 demo 'eats' (xD) 1.1 in the way of mods, agreed. When the PC version comes out, I'll be looking at modding it too, but for the time being I'm working on Radiation 2025 for 1.1. You will see it for the demo, but it will have to be edited quite a lot (up the scale of textures I made scaled down in the map. I mean by making a texture draw over an object multiple times instead of being stretched over the whole when I say 'downscaled')

There was never, ever a rule that you HAD to use capital letters at the start of a sentence,

The current rules in no way imply capital letters are required.

These were our old rules which I saved to my HDD upon editing:

1. No "l33t" talk on here.

2. If you are posting, use your best typing abilities. If you can't seem to type properly, you will get a
3 day ban if I have to ask you multiple times.

3. No Using Vulgar language

4. No spam. outside of the spamtopics

5. No "WHERE IS DOWNLOAD LINK" or other useless posts, use your eyes and read every post on the topic.

6. Do Not Disrespect admins, mods, and other members

7. Do Not ask Mappers for their MAP files. If they want you to have it they will supply

8. No Topics With illegal WAREZ Sexual, Drug or Radical content

9. Do Not Rip stuff (maps, models....) and say it is yours

11. NEVER spread or post links to leaked maps/games or anything about where to get leaked stuff or
you will get banned immediately without warning!

14. You are NOT allowed to create multiple accounts!

Of course it states to type to the best of your abilities, but this in no way implies complete perfection in grammar.

Example of what we would not want:

hi mp lks gd m8, do cp up de good wrk

Example of what would be acceptable:

hi map looks good, do keep up the work, i am liking what ur doing

22May I do this? Empty Re: May I do this? Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:44 pm

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

I'm locking this thread since there's no more to say other than Blubs told me on chat he would need in-put from Jukki.

Thanks for your interest in NZP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum