Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Map Wont Load!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NZP 1.1 Map Wont Load! Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:08 am

jofishwright

So I was making this map and finally got done with it and copied it to my Vita, but it won't enter the map. It loads fully, but then the loading bar disappears. It still continues to say "Loading: (mapname)", but it never enters the map. What am I doing wrong??

2NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:39 am

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

What map are you trying to run? Maps based for the beta 1.1 release seems to don't work with the demo release of the game for some reason, and another thing, are you copying the file to nzp/maps folder and trying to load with console? For some reason NZP on vita is a bit limited. I'll be trying to help you with the Vita, I got one ^-^

3NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:10 am

jofishwright

I made the map myself using Worldcraft. I am playing on the new unofficial patch and I'm loading the map from the "Custom Maps" section. (I am playing on my Vita with ARK-2 by the way. I was unfortunate and updated my Vita when the latest update came out so no jailbreak for me.)

Last edited by jofishwright on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total

4NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:13 am

jofishwright

And apparently I can't quote right.

5NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:39 pm

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

It's fine no problem, sad you updated the vita but it's ok, there's a possibility that 3.63 runs ARK or Adrenaline, try to mess with the compilers, the unofficial patch is like the DEMO release, so setup properly your compilers to fit HLBSP, that is supported by the game, old worldcraft is not good for it Frown

6NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 am

jofishwright

JavierMaki wrote:It's fine no problem, sad you updated the vita but it's ok, there's a possibility that 3.63 runs ARK or Adrenaline, try to mess with the compilers, the unofficial patch is like the DEMO release, so setup properly your compilers to fit HLBSP, that is supported by the game, old worldcraft is not good for it Frown
If I were to send you the file, could you try to see what is wrong? Maybe fix it too? I am new to this and making maps.

7NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:57 am

jofishwright

Okay, I found something in the console. There is an error message that says "Host_Error: Couldn't load halflife wad "decals.wad"."What can I do to fix this?

8NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 am

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

jofishwright wrote:Okay, I found something in the console. There is an error message that says "Host_Error: Couldn't load halflife wad "decals.wad"."What can I do to fix this?

On the CSG parameters on the compiler just add the following line -wadinclude usedwad

Should look like this screenshot I found on Gamebanana, sorry for the advertise it has:

Map Wont Load! 10264a

Hope this fix your problem ^-^

9NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:15 pm

jofishwright

I did this and I got an error saying "no such file or directory".

10NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 pm

jofishwright

Is there anything I can do if I lead it directly to the wad using it's directory? What exactly would I use as the parameters with decals.wad?

11NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:44 pm

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

There's no another way to include the wad inside the bsp without that parameter, so find around if you put the line correctly, it's just -wadinclude wadused (in this case, decals) or maybe you can try -nowadinclude without more values.

12NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:09 pm

jofishwright

So this is what I entered, but I get two error messages during and after I run it.Map Wont Load! Worldc12
Map Wont Load! Nomapv11
Map Wont Load! Worldc13

13NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:16 pm

jofishwright

Here's all the files that Worldcraft created for the map.

If you end up fixing it, could you send the new file? I'll give you credit if I end up releasing it. It's just something I made when I was bored.

Looks like I'll have to send it to you through pm if I can.

And apparently I can't even do that.
Never mind.
Attachments
Map Wont Load! AttachmentAlone.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(39 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

14NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 pm

jofishwright

Sorry if the map is the resemblance of a ground up cat, this is the first time making a map, and I only half-ass read the guide for it.

15NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 am

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

I can't do nothing since the error will keep in your PC, mine can compile it perfectly so... I suggest you to update your tools to JACK Hammer tools, it can be found easy and it have a free version on their official website. That tool have all things you will need since Worldcraft is very old tool and outdated, try it out and come back if you have problems with that ^-^

JACK Tool

16NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:21 pm

jofishwright

Okay , thanks. I'm at school now , so there isn't much I can do right now. I'll get on it once I get home.

17NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:32 am

jofishwright

Everything is good now, except for J.A.C.K. giving me an error message EVERY SINGLE TIME I RUN THE MAP saying that the .prt file was not created.
I'm still not able to play the map. :'(

18NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:03 pm

jofishwright

I tried making another simple map that is just a room, and it compiled just fine. I guess something just went wrong with the map. Anyway, I'm okay now, thanks for the help. Smilez

19NZP 1.1 Re: Map Wont Load! Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:33 pm

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

jofishwright wrote:I tried making another simple map that is just a room, and it compiled just fine. I guess something just went wrong with the map. Anyway, I'm okay now, thanks for the help. Smilez

Glad that JACK solved many of your problems, I was waiting for another report on the progress, so have fun then ^-^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum