Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is This CPU Any Good?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Is This CPU Any Good? Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 am

Connor75

Connor75

So I Need To Upgrade My CPU (1.6 GHz Single Core) And The Most I Can Do Is 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor. Is That Any Good For A CPU?

2Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 am

ArKaZeen

Connor75 wrote:So I Need To Upgrade My CPU (1.6 GHz Single Core) And The Most I Can Do Is 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor. Is That Any Good For A CPU?

That is the recomended processer nowadays but I gurentee that it will be outdated in a year. If you have the money, I suggest switching to an entirely new computer. 2GHz is awesome but mine is 2.8 :yay:

3Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

Connor75

Connor75

Sub0123 wrote: 2GHz is awesome but mine is 2.8 :yay:
Its A Dual Core 2.0 GHz Which Means Its 4.0 GHz... I Think.

4Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Tue May 15, 2012 11:50 am

true nightmare

true nightmare
Administrator
Administrator

Connor75 wrote:

i dont know much about computers but that sounds about right and thats better then some of the things that you can buy

https://www.youtube.com/user/turenightmare

5Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm

true nightmare wrote:
Connor75 wrote:

i dont know much about computers but that sounds about right and thats better then some of the things that you can buy
Its the same as mine but mines a single core Pentium 4
I'm getting a new PC for Christmas with an Intel Core i3 or i5 don't know which on but it will be probably gone by christmas

6Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Wed May 16, 2012 3:43 am

Connor75 wrote:
Yes.Dual core means its combining 2 processors and their caches into one single core cpu
which means if you buy a PC or a new CPU and its 1.7GHz 5mb dual core then its 3.4GHz
10mb
A CPU cache is the CPU's cache used to reduce the amount of time to access files
The cache is smaller,faster memory which stores copys of data from most frequently used main memory locations
Also the larger the cache the more it can hold meaning its faster

7Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 am

Connor75

Connor75

xXFRiiZYDuDEXx wrote:
Connor75 wrote:
Yes.Dual core means its combining 2 processors and their caches into one single core cpu
which means if you buy a PC or a new CPU and its 1.7GHz 5mb dual core then its 3.4GHz
10mb
A CPU cache is the CPU's cache used to reduce the amount of time to access files
The cache is smaller,faster memory which stores copys of data from most frequently used main memory locations
Ok So If I Wanted To Play CoDWaW On It (Which Needs 3 GHz) Ill Be Able Ton Play It Fine?

8Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Wed May 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Connor75 wrote:
xXFRiiZYDuDEXx wrote:
Connor75 wrote:
10mb
Ok So If I Wanted To Play CoDWaW On It (Which Needs 3 GHz) Ill Be Able Ton Play It Fine?
Yes aslong as you meet the Memory and Graphics requirements then yes and also with nice framerate

9Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Connor75

Connor75

xXFRiiZYDuDEXx wrote:
Connor75 wrote:
xXFRiiZYDuDEXx wrote:
Connor75 wrote:
10mb
Yes aslong as you meet the Memory and Graphics requirements then yes and also with nice framerate
Ok So My CPU Will Be All Good And My Ram Also But My Graphic Card Doesn't, So I Use "SwiftShader" To Play It. Do U Think There Will Be Much Lag?

10Is This CPU Any Good? Empty Re: Is This CPU Any Good? Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 pm

ArKaZeen

Connor75 wrote:
xXFRiiZYDuDEXx wrote:
Connor75 wrote:
xXFRiiZYDuDEXx wrote:
Connor75 wrote:
10mb
Ok So My CPU Will Be All Good And My Ram Also But My Graphic Card Doesn't, So I Use "SwiftShader" To Play It. Do U Think There Will Be Much Lag?

There will be some lag of course but your computer will be "in the now" for at least 6 months.

Your framerate would be around 15-25 if your graphic card doesnt so i suggest turning the quality to the lowest it can go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum