Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help with Glass?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help with Glass? Empty Help with Glass? Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Manuel Valle7

Hey could anyone please tell me how to make a texture so it's clear, such as glass? Please I've been trying to do this for a longtime. I know you have to put the "{" at the beginning of the name of the texture but it doesn't work for me. Is there a specific color you need to put on the background or something?
I appreciate your help Smilez

2Help with Glass? Empty Re: Help with Glass? Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Manuel Valle7 wrote:Hey could anyone please tell me how to make a texture so it's clear, such as glass? Please I've been trying to do this for a longtime. I know you have to put the "{" at the beginning of the name of the texture but it doesn't work for me. Is there a specific color you need to put on the background or something?
I appreciate your help Smilez

Are you talking about semi-transparent?

If so, then open the file in Paint.net or some other image manipulation program that can save in .tga, then using the magic wand tool, cut out what you want to be transparent. Save as a .tga file and make sure it's 24-Bit. Got that done? Good, now put it in pcversion/nzp/textures, then import that same texture into a wad file to be used with VHE/WC, MAKE SURE THEY'RE THE SAME NAME!! Hope I helped, if you need further help PM me. :cute:

3Help with Glass? Empty Re: Help with Glass? Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:46 pm

true nightmare

true nightmare
Administrator
Administrator

actually its easier then that, make the wall or what ever you want to make glass into an entitle called "func_wall" or something like that and change the alpha levels to how you would like it (1 = wall, 0.1= Barely visable)

https://www.youtube.com/user/turenightmare

4Help with Glass? Empty Re: Help with Glass? Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Manuel Valle7

true nightmare wrote:actually its easier then that, make the wall or what ever you want to make glass into an entitle called "func_wall" or something like that and change the alpha levels to how you would like it (1 = wall, 0.1= Barely visable)

Ohh Ok thank you very much, I was wondering how I could do it for a while but I couldn't find an answer. Thanks for your help : )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum