Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

[TUTORIAL] Adding a Description and Thumbnail for your Custom Maps

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MotoLegacy

MotoLegacy
Staff
Staff

This Will Only Work On the NZ:P Reboot

Preview:

I recently added the ability to add a custom bio, thumbnail, and credits to be displayed on the Custom Maps menu. This tutorial will just be a brief explanation and format for doing this for your maps.

NZ:P on initialization will do a search for all of the maps (.BSP) in the `maps` directory. On top of this, the game will now also search for map.txt and seek out more information for the map. The format for this map.txt file is as-such:
Code:

MAP TITLE
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 1
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 2
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 3
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 4
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 5
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 6
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 7
MAP DESCRIPTION LINE 8
MAP AUTHOR(S)
(0-1)MAP USES THUMBNAIL
(0-1)MAP SUPPORTS CUSTOM GAMES

Here is a direct example for the map Boxxer:
Code:

Boxxer
As suggested this map is essent-
ially a box. I DID go into this
map and give it a bit of detail
and use suggestive coloring and
whatnot...but it's just a box.
Zombies come from the ground so
get ready to get pissed off,
seriously. This map is a pain.
Naievil (suggested by jardo420)

Setting MAP USES THUMBNAIL to 1 will draw a TGA/PNG graphic called your_map_name.tga in nzp/gfx/menu/custom/.
Please use 128x128 resolution graphics, in order to support all platforms. They will get "stretched" to 16:9 accordingly.

Setting MAP SUPPORTS CUSTOM GAMES to 1 will allow for a future intended feature, based on the Black Ops II zombs custom game feature. It doesn't do anything for now, but setting it is required.

If your map does not use all 8 description lines, please put a space (" ") in its place. The information parser is designed to be simple and fast, so it does not support out-of-order information and will ignore null/completely blank lines.

I encourage you all to use this feature, just having your BSP name show up in the list without any further information is really lame
Dempsey

sorry this tut is shoddy af my head hurts xoxo
- moto

Last edited by MotoLegacy on Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : new pref. resolution for menu graphics.)

Derped_Crusader and BCDeshiG like this post

https://bowling.gdn/home

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

bababooey

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum