Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Help ! (2 things)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need Help ! (2 things) Empty Need Help ! (2 things) Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:29 am

anubiz

anubiz

Hi guys, I have some doubts with valve hammer editor, well, the first is about textures:

How I can make a transparent texture?
I mean, as I make a fence for example, appears with transparency in the game, I've seen that should have a black background to make it transparent, but when I open a map is not transparently.

And the second thing is about lighting (Light_enviroment)

When I put my lighting with this entity map instead of having a nice lighting with shadows appears totally dark D:

So good, that's my question, if anyone will know even a solution, write your answer below.

Thank you: (

2Need Help ! (2 things) Empty Re: Need Help ! (2 things) Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:04 am

anubiz wrote:Hi guys, I have some doubts with valve hammer editor, well, the first is about textures:

How I can make a transparent texture?
I mean, as I make a fence for example, appears with transparency in the game, I've seen that should have a black background to make it transparent, but when I open a map is not transparently.

And the second thing is about lighting (Light_enviroment)

When I put my lighting with this entity map instead of having a nice lighting with shadows appears totally dark D:

So good, that's my question, if anyone will know even a solution, write your answer below.

Thank you: (
Light_enviroment is more of a VHE thing but idk it never worked for me in WC
Pretty much put a block around your map with a texture called "sky"
Then place the Light_enviroment in your map(place around places until you get it right)
Idk but I think it only works with the HLBSP compilers(VHE and ZHLT)
If it does work most likely you wont get colored lighting
I will soon make a tutorial on using external transparencys

3Need Help ! (2 things) Empty Re: Need Help ! (2 things) Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:30 am

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

To make a transparent textures u need to know about Alpha channel for TGA images, if u put Alpha channel on a TGA, named same as the WAD Texture u will see the transparency only if u put the entity func_illusionary on that block or something Smilez

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum