Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quake vs Quake 4

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quake vs Quake 4 Empty Quake vs Quake 4 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 am

Dr.EdwardRichtofan

Dr.EdwardRichtofan

I have no understanding whatsoever what quake is and/or was from the first to the up-to-date version. i came here to ask if Qonquer works on quake 4 and if not, explain, even a little.

https://www.facebook.com/NZPOnline/

2Quake vs Quake 4 Empty Re: Quake vs Quake 4 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 am

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

Dr.EdwardRichtofan wrote:I have no understanding whatsoever what quake is and/or was from the first to the up-to-date version. i came here to ask if Qonquer works on quake 4 and if not, explain, even a little.

Never played quake 4 before, but I'm pretty sure that unless it can read a progs.dat file, it won't be able to run it. Qonquer is a Quake 1 mod, therefore, it generally only works on quake 1. Quake 2 looks for gamex86.dll files (for windows) Quake 3 looks for .PK3 files, (I think) and I'm not sure what Quake 4 uses. If you google this I'm sure you can find your answer: "Quake 1 mods on Quake 4"

On the other hand, Darkplaces, which is Quake 1 engine, can run Quake 3 maps, so it might be possible. Although, Quake 1, 2, and 3 all use the same format of Map files, which happens to be .BSP. Mods change for every new Quake. For instance, while quake 1 mods can run on pretty much anything (Windows, PSP, Mac, Linux) just using the progs.dat, while Quake 2 has to be compiled for a different OS.

If you ask me, I'd say it wouldn't work. However, that's what google is for, right?

3Quake vs Quake 4 Empty Re: Quake vs Quake 4 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 pm

I tested Qonquer on Quake 4 and doesn't seem to work...
Qonquer is a Quake 1 mod not Q4.They are both different game's using different engines

Last edited by FRiiZYDuDE on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DatTypo)

4Quake vs Quake 4 Empty Re: Quake vs Quake 4 Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:02 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:I tested Qonquer and doesn't seem to work...
Qonquer is a Quake 1 mod not Q4.They are both different game's using different engines
It works fine for me. DId you start quake using the -game command? It needs that to know where to look for thr mod. If you need help with it, PM me, Frizzy.

5Quake vs Quake 4 Empty Re: Quake vs Quake 4 Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

jastolze wrote:
FRiiZYDuDE wrote:I tested Qonquer and doesn't seem to work...
It works fine for me. DId you start quake using the -game command? It needs that to know where to look for thr mod. If you need help with it, PM me, Frizzy.
I was talking about Quake 4 but I see how it look's now xD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum