Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Q1 Mapping Questions (Not NZP)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Q1 Mapping Questions (Not NZP) Empty Q1 Mapping Questions (Not NZP) Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 pm

jastolze

jastolze
Administrator
Administrator

Hey I've been wanting to map for a very long time, but I'm wondering what I'll need to start doing so.
So, here are my questions:

1. If I wanted to edit a map, I would need a .map file, right? So, I have it, but I'm stuck on how I can view that map in 3D. It tells me I need a gfx.wad file. Does it want the Original Quake 1 gfx.wad or what?

2. Once I start editing a map, I would like to know how to add weapons. (This map has NO weapons in it, and is less than 100KB) This is where it gets confusing for me. I would also like to know how to place the weapon wherever I want.

3. After I'm done, (If I get that far) what do I do to compile the map? I see a TON of functions in WorldCraft and Quark, but...

4. It tells me after I open the map, it says this: "No textures are available for use with that game. You must set them up before editing the map." It then shows me a configuration box. What do I need to change those settings to? (This is in Worldcraft)

If I have any other questions, I'll post more here. Thanks for any help!

2Q1 Mapping Questions (Not NZP) Empty Re: Q1 Mapping Questions (Not NZP) Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 pm

What map editor are you using?

EDIT: Saw Worldcraft mentioned at the bottom.

1: Never had this error before. Are you using Worldcraft 3.3 with Quake Adapter or an older version?

2: You're going to need Quake's FGD file which I''ll post back with later, it contains the entites for the guns used in Quake 1.

3: You're going to need the Q1BSP compilers for WC, I'll post them later for you.

4: This is because it has no textures in the config. If you're using the Quake adapter, it should have all the Quake textures in 4 wads. If you're not using Quake Adapter and Worldcraft 3.3, then once again, I'll post back with a link to the wads later. Wads are texture packs (Not the same ones from Doom. lol) so if there's none for WC to play around with, you can't map.

3Q1 Mapping Questions (Not NZP) Empty Re: Q1 Mapping Questions (Not NZP) Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:20 pm

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

Try this:

http://quakeone.com/qadapter/

These 3 downloads are all you need for Q1 mapping (no HLBSP), also all Quake textures
are included.

The Quakeadapter also install all compilers and textures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum