Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Xbox One: Pros and Cons

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 am

Dunker12345

Dunker12345

Well, whats to say?

After watching Microsoft’s Xbox One unveil yesterday, I came away with one overwhelming impression: Redmond doesn’t understand its audience anymore. If the company is going to fix this mess it’s just made for itself, it’s going to need the best damned E3 in the history of video gaming. The problem with the Xbox One launch isn’t that the features Microsoft announced are bad, rather it’s the ocean of things Microsoft didn’t say.

Microsoft showed us some nifty capabilities (voice commands, fast task switching), and some tidbits on how the Windows kernel and Xbox operating system have been cross-leveraged to create a different product. That’s all well and good. What the company utterly failed to demonstrate, however, was any compelling narrative as to why I should want to put one of these systems in my living room next year.

yes, the Xbox One can seamlessly switch between content, but why would I shove the TV content over by a third of the screen when I can pick up my smartphone and surf to IMDb or Wikipedia if I have a question? Try doing the former with a significant other (or at least with my significant other). It won’t end well. Skyping on the TV is nice, but it’s not a feature I’ll probably never use.

Another Shitty thing going on is the proposed "fee"; where you have to buy a code to activate your purchase. So in other words, if your freind wants to borrow the game, they have to buy another activation code (same price as the last code) to play it on the Xbox.And worse off, PS4 may use the same activation code Shit.

Quoting Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison: " The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One,They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live"

Ah well, back to PC for me.

2The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am

Oraki51

Oraki51

Sony is too cool to charge its users for such a thing. And that's just a rumor. I don't hate the Xbox and am not a Sony or PS3 fanboy but goddamn. JUST LOOK AT THE THING. Its like a Phillip CD-I had sex with a toaster and gave birth to that. Also there's absolutely no backwards compatibility. PS4 won't have this but come on Microsoft, if the console is meant to "meet all our entertainment and gaming needs in one system" then let me pay Halo 1 on the thing.

Sure the features are neat but why is it that a system designed to be a custom gaming pc has components found in that of the everyday laptop?

3The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Fri May 24, 2013 8:02 am

ArKaZeen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Needless to say, it looks useless. PC Gaming is better as it always will be. Let us see what Sony has to reveal.

4The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Fri May 24, 2013 11:11 am

When it comes to consoles, Sony is better imo. Microsoft just need more money, because they're obviously not rich enough..

5The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Oraki51

Oraki51

I can finally say Xbox One has no games. Why? Because it doesn't.

6The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Sun May 26, 2013 1:46 am

Dunker12345 wrote:Well, whats to say?

After watching Microsoft’s Xbox One unveil yesterday, I came away with one overwhelming impression: Redmond doesn’t understand its audience anymore. If the company is going to fix this mess it’s just made for itself, it’s going to need the best damned E3 in the history of video gaming. The problem with the Xbox One launch isn’t that the features Microsoft announced are bad, rather it’s the ocean of things Microsoft didn’t say.

Microsoft showed us some nifty capabilities (voice commands, fast task switching), and some tidbits on how the Windows kernel and Xbox operating system have been cross-leveraged to create a different product. That’s all well and good. What the company utterly failed to demonstrate, however, was any compelling narrative as to why I should want to put one of these systems in my living room next year.

yes, the Xbox One can seamlessly switch between content, but why would I shove the TV content over by a third of the screen when I can pick up my smartphone and surf to IMDb or Wikipedia if I have a question? Try doing the former with a significant other (or at least with my significant other). It won’t end well. Skyping on the TV is nice, but it’s not a feature I’ll probably never use.

Another Shitty thing going on is the proposed "fee"; where you have to buy a code to activate your purchase. So in other words, if your freind wants to borrow the game, they have to buy another activation code (same price as the last code) to play it on the Xbox.And worse off, PS4 may use the same activation code Shit.

Quoting Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison: " The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One,They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live"

Ah well, back to PC for me.

OK Microsoft should stop copying PS

Xbox 360=
X ~cross
Box~ Square
360~O

7The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Sun May 26, 2013 10:58 am

Oraki51

Oraki51

xbx is ghey ps4 ftw faqqqqqqqs

8The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Sun May 26, 2013 11:36 am

LOL.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156515-kinect-for-xbox-one-an-always-on-works-in-the-dark-camera-and-microphone-what-could-possibly-go-wrong

9The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Mon May 27, 2013 4:11 am

ArKaZeen

thelonelypiggy wrote:

OK Microsoft should stop copying PS

Xbox 360=
X ~cross
Box~ Square
360~O

The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme

10The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Wed May 29, 2013 3:19 am

WillWow

WillWow
I AM SPECIAL!
I AM SPECIAL!

(SCN)

http://www.wheel-games.webs.com

11The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Empty Re: The Xbox One: Pros and Cons Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 am

WillWow wrote: (SCN)

I must admit, this was totally worth reading..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum