Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any way to finish the WEAPON_WALL models?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NZP Demo Any way to finish the WEAPON_WALL models? Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

I'm not talking about having the dev's finish it. Is there any easy way (with Blender or whatnot) for us to finish it?

There are a few, but not many, left. Could we be able to finish them and merge them into the latest unofficial patch?

http://Naievil.tk

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

Naievil wrote:I'm not talking about having the dev's finish it. Is there any easy way (with Blender or whatnot) for us to finish it?

There are a few, but not many, left. Could we be able to finish them and merge them into the latest unofficial patch?

I think Jukki said (though I might be mistaking it for something else) that the engine uses strings to do those weapon models and text?The engine uses the model chaulk!.mdl and then is coded to draw it using that.

Jukkir, Blubs or someone else can correct me on that if I am wrong.

blubswillrule

blubswillrule
Game Developer
Game Developer

So the way the wall weapon models work, is it's just one model with the guns on different frames that match up with the weapon id's in game. That way it's an easy way to save on a bit of ram Smilez

This is why the weapons that have not yet been remade look like a mess, because it's just Blender interpolating between the keyframes of weapons that have been made.

The only real reason I didn't finish all of them, was that I wanted to do the mystery box gun models first to make sure the "chalk" outlines match the guns.

But to finally answer your question: is there any way for you guys to edit them?

Absolutely! There are many mdl model editors out there where you can mess with individual vertices of the model to make it look like whatever gun your heart desires at whatever frame!

Editing in Blender? Blender doesn't take too kindly to vertex animation, so that's a likely no, sorry.

http://nzportable.com NEVER FORGET

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

If you want to use vertex animation you can also use 3dsmax, but its not that cheap :=)
Or just use an old Quake / Quake2 Model editor.

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

blubswillrule wrote:So the way the wall weapon models work, is it's just one model with the guns on different frames that match up with the weapon id's in game. That way it's an easy way to save on a bit of ram Smilez

This is why the weapons that have not yet been remade look like a mess, because it's just Blender interpolating between the keyframes of weapons that have been made.

Perfect! Hopefully we can get those models fixed up soon.

dr_mabuse wrote:If you want to use vertex animation you can also use 3dsmax, but its not that cheap :=)
Or just use an old Quake / Quake2 Model editor.

Hmm...3dsmax should be free for all students, so that's a plus.
But, to keep it simple, I'll try a Quake 2 modeling editor. Thanks!

Edit: Well, that wasn't too hard. This is the "new" PPSH:

Any way to finish the WEAPON_WALL models? ZoAU815

If it's ugly, I'll change it. Let me know what you think. Right now I feel like the nozzle is screwed up.

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

Naievil wrote:
Edit: Well, that wasn't too hard. This is the "new" PPSH:

Any way to finish the WEAPON_WALL models? ZoAU815

If it's ugly, I'll change it. Let me know what you think. Right now I feel like the nozzle is screwed up.

It's good enough, lol, it's better than what we had before.

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

I mean, I'm not great at it, but it isn't too hard. Here's a side-by-side of the PPSH and the weapon_wall I did:

Any way to finish the WEAPON_WALL models? TAgv5Pj

It's a pain in the butt to add vertices/faces, but that's probably because I'm not adapted to the software yet. Still have to get the scaling right, too.

Now that I look at it again, I hate it. lol.

FRiiZY_DuDE

FRiiZY_DuDE
Administrator
Administrator

Naievil wrote:I mean, I'm not great at it, but it isn't too hard. Here's a side-by-side of the PPSH and the weapon_wall I did:

Any way to finish the WEAPON_WALL models? TAgv5Pj

It's a pain in the butt to add vertices/faces, but that's probably because I'm not adapted to the software yet. Still have to get the scaling right, too.

Now that I look at it again, I hate it. lol.

Now that calls for a drink!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum