Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need a coder for my project

+2
Oraki51
mofu23
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I need a coder for my project Empty I need a coder for my project Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:37 pm

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

As some of you may know, I have been working on a new game called PSPikmin. However, my progress has been put to a halt because I dont have the required knowledge to code the game. Now, I'm on the hunt to look for people who can help me out with this project. It doesnt necessarily mean you need to know quakes language. I am looking for someone that knows how to make thier own game engine for psp OR knows how to heavily modify any other psp engine.
I would really appreciate it.

2I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Oraki51

Oraki51

Wow a lot of people are making projects and games these days.

I don't know how to code for the PSP but I'm just gonna say that if you plan on making a game you yourself should have prior knowledge to coding. I'm saying that from a game programmers point of view. If you have a bunch of ideas but don't know how to implement them you should learn before you go and do anything. If this game does get finished you won't get any credit for the coders are the ones doing all the work.

3I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 pm

ArKaZeen

Sorry for not currently modeling for your game, and Oraki, if you read this I currently can't model for you. The reason is, I am really trying to learn how to model fully, reduce poly count and how to animate.

As for trying to learn QuakeC, I am learning it as well but Mexicouger (I wuv him) uploaded some tutorials, check 'em: http://augustine.forumotion.com/t110-full-quakec-video-tutorials

Anyways, from one person who tried to learn QuakeC to another, edit around with sources for previous games, learn to make mods, it's the only way to really learn how to code QuakeC. Mexi thought me that ;).

Hope I helped.

4I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Oraki51

Oraki51

ArkaZeen wrote:Sorry for not currently modeling for your game, and Oraki, if you read this I currently can't model for you. The reason is, I am really trying to learn how to model fully, reduce poly count and how to animate.

As for trying to learn QuakeC, I am learning it as well but Mexicouger (I wuv him) uploaded some tutorials, check 'em: http://augustine.forumotion.com/t110-full-quakec-video-tutorials

Anyways, from one person who tried to learn QuakeC to another, edit around with sources for previous games, learn to make mods, it's the only way to really learn how to code QuakeC. Mexi thought me that ;).

Hope I helped.

QuakeC is useless in this kind of project.

5I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm

ArKaZeen

Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:Sorry for not currently modeling for your game, and Oraki, if you read this I currently can't model for you. The reason is, I am really trying to learn how to model fully, reduce poly count and how to animate.

Hope I helped.

I thought that was what he was using ...

6I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Oraki51

Oraki51

ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

Ever play Pikmin? Making a game like that using Quake is suicide.

7I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 am

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

its true. unless someone knows how to modify quake to max levels then pspikmin wont work on quake.

8I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:20 am

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

on the bright side i found an engine that might work.
http://www.viciousengine.com/

9I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Oraki51

Oraki51

mofu23 wrote:on the bright side i found an engine that might work.
http://www.viciousengine.com/

On the downside that engine requires purchase which may be a lot

10I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:07 pm

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

This is the biggest bullshit i ever read on this forum, sorry...
You can do ANY type of game using the Quake engine, even survival horro and 3rd person shooter, also there are
racing games and mario clones out written in quakec...

11I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:37 pm

dr_mabuse wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

You can do ANY type of game using the Quake engine, even survival horro and 3rd person shooter, also there are

RE 2 and 3 As far as I know run on Quake Engine
I found that surprising when I found it out

12I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Oraki51

Oraki51

FRiiZYDuDE wrote:
dr_mabuse wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

\

Where the heck did you learn that? Resident Evil was in development before the Quake engine was finished. Also there's nothing in Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3 that shows that its using the Quake engine. In the Quake engine models are deformed to allow animations, whilst in the Resident Evil games it is present that characters were made of many objects jointed to another operating a pivot to move.

If you got your info from a wiki, it's wrong.

13I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:17 am

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

dr_mabuse wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

i never knew that

Last edited by mofu23 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

14I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 am

mofu23 wrote:
dr_mabuse wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

i never knew that
ikr A lot of games use ID Tech engine

15I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Darkspines

Darkspines

Oraki51 wrote:
FRiiZYDuDE wrote:
dr_mabuse wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:
ArkaZeen wrote:
Oraki51 wrote:

Hope I helped.

\

Where the heck did you learn that? Resident Evil was in development before the Quake engine was finished. Also there's nothing in Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3 that shows that its using the Quake engine. In the Quake engine models are deformed to allow animations, whilst in the Resident Evil games it is present that characters were made of many objects jointed to another operating a pivot to move.

If you got your info from a wiki, it's wrong.
I know every Quake Engine game. If you search up on Google Quake Engine Games. Then click the Moddb one and BOOM! There you go every Quake Engine game so far made. RE 2 is on that list but not for sure about RE 3

http://mlzk.forumotion.com

16I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 pm

ArKaZeen

I don't want a quote tree but if a game was made off ID Tech Engine, it would clearly be heavily modified (Quake 3 heavily modified for CoD 1, 2 and I think 3.

17I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am

seniormeatbox

mofu23 wrote:As some of you may know, I have been working on a new game called PSPikmin. However, my progress has been put to a halt because I dont have the required knowledge to code the game. Now, I'm on the hunt to look for people who can help me out with this project. It doesnt necessarily mean you need to know quakes language. I am looking for someone that knows how to make thier own game engine for psp OR knows how to heavily modify any other psp engine.

i know nothing about coding but if you need help with mapping im always willing to help

18I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:31 am

ArkaZeen wrote:I don't want a quote tree but if a game was made off ID Tech Engine, it would clearly be heavily modified (Quake 3 heavily modified for CoD 1, 2 and I think 3.
Well after looking on tons of sites that show game engine games RE2 seems to pop up under Quake everytime
And yes IW Engine runs off heavily modified IDTech Engine 3 used in Q3

19I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:30 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

Anyway, you can do ANYTHING with the Quake engine, and reading shuch bullshit here like "U cant make a Pikmin game with Quake" proofes me again that you dont have ANY idea about engines/coding and stuff..

i just got some QC sources for a "Mario Styled" Jump n Jun, A Racinggame, Flight Simulation, TombRaider clone, 2D Diablo styled RPG and a GTA2 clone (yes, you can drive cars and stuff)...

Also i remembered Domis4 on moddb started a Final Fantasy clone in QuakeC, but i am not sure if he still working on it.

20I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Oraki51

Oraki51

dr_mabuse wrote:Anyway, you can do ANYTHING with the Quake engine, and reading shuch bullshit here like "U cant make a Pikmin game with Quake" proofes me again that you dont have ANY idea about engines/coding and stuff..

i just got some QC sources for a "Mario Styled" Jump n Jun, A Racinggame, Flight Simulation, TombRaider clone, 2D Diablo styled RPG and a GTA2 clone (yes, you can drive cars and stuff)...

Also i remembered Domis4 on moddb started a Final Fantasy clone in QuakeC, but i am not sure if he still working on it.

I do have an idea about engines and coding, I just don't know the Quake engine too well, I haven't played really any of the Quake games so the idea of other games being made with that engine never crossed my mind.

21I need a coder for my project Empty Re: I need a coder for my project Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:43 pm

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

seniormeatbox wrote:
mofu23 wrote:As some of you may know, I have been working on a new game called PSPikmin. However, my progress has been put to a halt because I dont have the required knowledge to code the game. Now, I'm on the hunt to look for people who can help me out with this project. It doesnt necessarily mean you need to know quakes language. I am looking for someone that knows how to make thier own game engine for psp OR knows how to heavily modify any other psp engine.

i know nothing about coding but if you need help with mapping im always willing to help
sure i needed a mapper after my previous one left me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum