Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper

+4
JavierMaki
Admin
Baez
true nightmare
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Well as the title says I am applying for mapper. This is the first map I've ever made and I'm sad to say it does not have waypoints. I will however be including them in my future maps. A big thanks goes out to True Nightmare for all his tutorials and support.

Anyways here is my map:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?5bs4zawm9ee33mx

Enjoy, report glitches, comment on the thread and creative critisism is appreciated.

The map is called Temple.

My goal was to make a map that was fairly easy so no one would be frusturated while playing my first map, i also added a few little secrets WinkeyWink

Last edited by Dreize on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total

true nightmare

true nightmare
Administrator
Administrator

hi, i will say what i think tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/user/turenightmare

Aww yeah someone commented finally.

Baez

Baez

Too many unnecessary doors at high costs. also spawn doors should be 500 each since they lead to the same room

Baez wrote:Too many unnecessary doors at high costs. also spawn doors should be 500 each since they lead to the same room

The 2 doors were just meant for looks, i expect you to only open one. The map itself is easy you can rack up points easy, ive played my map many times and can unlock all the doors before round 8 even. I put fairly decent guns in the spawn room as well making it even easier, no kar98 my friend. My map wasnt made so you could unlock all the doors in 1-2 rounds, it was made so you gradually progress while having to work for it.

But thank you for the criticism I really do appreciate it and I wish more people would give their opinions Smilez

Dude, thats an extra Mega Bite on my harddrive that I dont think i should have, the rooms are waaaaayyy to large, but I like the way you used elements as doors, its like the whole "choose your path". Only, Id love it if you added waypoints, i would probably acept it, but of course its not up to me. Added note, love the textures, but this more of my opinion, it lacks story, i add stories to all my maps, this could do with one, otherwise its just floating if you know what I mean.

P.S to True. This looks like we have some talent here...

Admin

Admin

Hmmm the size of the map impressed me. Geometry wise i think the map is fine but adjustment needs done to lighting and some textures are a little weird. I'm pretty sure i saw a lava texture and a grass texture functioning as a door. Of course only true holds actual talent in making waypoints so i'll leave him to that XD

https://nzportable.forumotion.com

Admin

Admin

Also i'm pretty sure you can set one door, so when it opens, it opens another door. I'll get back to you on that if i have time

JavierMaki

JavierMaki
Staff
Staff

nice map Smilez really big

10[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 am

call16 wrote:Dude, thats an extra Mega Bite on my harddrive that I dont think i should have, the rooms are waaaaayyy to large, but I like the way you used elements as doors, its like the whole "choose your path". Only, Id love it if you added waypoints, i would probably acept it, but of course its not up to me. Added note, love the textures, but this more of my opinion, it lacks story, i add stories to all my maps, this could do with one, otherwise its just floating if you know what I mean.

P.S to True. This looks like we have some talent here...

Thanks alot man, and i made the rooms large because well I wanted it to be easy, that was my goal from the beginning. Also Im glad you enjoyed the textures I put alot of time into choosing them, i switched them constantly but i do feel there are some issues. Yeah I guess it lacks story, and i enjoy zombie stories alot but I thought for my first map I didnt really need one. And i completely agree with you that it needs waypoints and I intend to learn them soon.

Thanks for the criticism man Smilez

11[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:00 pm

SoulOfSet wrote:Hmmm the size of the map impressed me. Geometry wise i think the map is fine but adjustment needs done to lighting and some textures are a little weird. I'm pretty sure i saw a lava texture and a grass texture functioning as a door. Of course only true holds actual talent in making waypoints so i'll leave him to that XD

Thanks I tried to make it big. Eh i like the textures but they are subjective just like art. I put lava and grass as a door texture to distinguish which perks were behind what door. Grass=green=speed cola, Lava=red=juggernog, yellow=double tap. I tried to find basic colour textures but I decided to only use default textures for my first map lol and there was no other ones, i know it looks a tad weird. And I definitely intend to learn waypoints. Definitely. And about a door opening another door, I dont have that im my map but the power opens 1 door. Which is the secret door in the middle of the map. Btw the rainbow coloured model was done on purpose Smilez

Thanks for your thoughts broski WinkeyWink

Last edited by Dreize on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

12[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:01 pm

javiermaki wrote:nice map Smilez really big

Thanks man Smilez

and sry for the triple post everybody.

13[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:50 pm

IamRichtofen115

I Test Maps for NZP and i find your map amazing! Of course I think it is unnesscary for each perk to be in a diffrent room.Other then that I love it :farao:

14[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:51 pm

IamRichtofen115 wrote:I Test Maps for NZP and i find your map amazing! Of course I think it is unnesscary for each perk to be in a diffrent room.Other then that I love it :farao:

Thx dude, and hiiii Tongue

15[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Koopa

I like the map. It's big and it show's your tallent. But the one thing I saw that annoyed me was when you get past your spawn point and go on to other rooms the zombies that spawn in a room stay in a room. Like when I would be in one room shooting zombies I could kill off the wave that spawned in that room and then reload. Wait a while. Then sprint out to the middle of the large room. What do I find? In each corner I find 9 or 10 zombies huddled up with eachother raping the crap out of eachother. All I have to do is throw a grenade in the general area and they all die. It would be nice if they followed the player and not the corners.

16[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Koopa wrote:I like the map. It's big and it show's your tallent. But the one thing I saw that annoyed me was when you get past your spawn point and go on to other rooms the zombies that spawn in a room stay in a room. Like when I would be in one room shooting zombies I could kill off the wave that spawned in that room and then reload. Wait a while. Then sprint out to the middle of the large room. What do I find? In each corner I find 9 or 10 zombies huddled up with eachother raping the crap out of eachother. All I have to do is throw a grenade in the general area and they all die. It would be nice if they followed the player and not the corners.

Ahaha this post made me laugh "raping the crap out of eachother" lol. Anyways I completely agree with you, the reason they do that is because the map doesnt currently have waypoints. And it definitely deteriorates some of the fun to be had in my map. And thanks for saying you like my map, i really do appreciate it Smilez and dont worry I intend to update it, and include future maps with waypoints VeryHappy

17[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Koopa

I think there is a lot of room for a storyline for all of your maps. I have a few ideas for it. Talk to me on OHG or here if you'd like to hear more.

18[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Admin

Admin

It's not a requirement for the map to have a story line by the way. My maps never and probably never will have a story line.

19[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Koopa wrote:I think there is a lot of room for a storyline for all of your maps. I have a few ideas for it. Talk to me on OHG or here if you'd like to hear more.

Send me a pm on OHG WinkeyWink

20[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 pm

SoulOfSet wrote:It's not a requirement for the map to have a story line by the way. My maps never and probably never will have a story line.

Mine probably will, ive always been a huge fan of zombies.

21[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Opinion Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:45 am

ssfpatricio

ssfpatricio

that good map, you have good ideas, I'm surprised with the
invisible squares in the area of ​​the box, C-3000 :affraid:
and good use of textures, just make the waypoints and your map is complete VeryHappy

22[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:46 am

ssfpatricio wrote:that good map, you have good ideas, I'm surprised with the
invisible squares in the area of ​​the box, C-3000 :affraid:
and good use of textures, just make the waypoints and your map is complete VeryHappy

Haha yeah i like the invisible walls in the box room Tongue, and yeah this map really does need waypoints. Im glad you liked the map Smilez

23[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:39 am

ArKaZeen

awesome!

24[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Sub0123 wrote:awesome!

glad u liked it Tongue

25[ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Empty Re: [ACCEPTED/LOCKED] Applying For Mapper Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:18 pm

ArKaZeen

Dreize wrote:
Sub0123 wrote:awesome!

glad u liked it Tongue

VeryHappy !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum