Nazi Zombies: Portable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nazi Zombies: Portable Official Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1

+40
Erick3003lel
Cleggsisonline
Douch_Dagger
Derped_Crusader
MotoLegacy
BCDeshiG
Call16-Podolski
retebonzo
Naievil
Cabbietaco
Leonestar
fdd2blk
vd100
Vaati
slugparty
mogolico
PsycoMutt
Dunker12345
true nightmare
Mc_Callum_99
brdgamemaster
anass-nzp125
redwolf150
SilverFox
Piffey
xnick2222x
FRiiZY_DuDE
ADZIE95
ScatterBox
jardo420
seniormeatbox
I Got Gun Skillz
SNC_PRODIGY
WillWow
blubswillrule
anubiz
PerikiyoXD
dr_mabuse
mofu23
JavierMaki
44 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 16]

276NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:44 am

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Already in place for solid brushes, but now bullet decals show up on the explosive barrels

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 4EZx5aI

http://Naievil.tk

277NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Sun May 01, 2016 11:50 am

anass-nzp125

anass-nzp125
Mapper
Mapper

Idk if it's already fixed but the phd flooper does not protect you from explosions.

278NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Sun May 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

anass-nzp125 wrote:Idk if it's already fixed but the phd flooper does not protect you from explosions.

I've never touched flopper, I'll add this in now!

279NZP Demo Neat updates! Mon May 02, 2016 1:34 pm

I Got Gun Skillz

I Got Gun Skillz

Updates look pretty cool. I wonder how the dolphin dive will map out on the psps restricted button config...

Muzzle flash looks really realistic!

280NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Wed May 04, 2016 4:16 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Nazi Zombies Portable Unofficial Patch version 1.0.5

Alright everyone,

Thank you for all of your patience and recommendations with this project, it means a lot. 
I would like to thank everyone that has contributed an idea or bug as it has solidified the game's fluidity and flow. 

At this point in time, I would like introduce the Nazi Zombies Portable Unofficial Patch version 1.0.5. 

We have a SIGNIFICANT amount of changes, so much that the game doesn't feel like the original version. Most bugs have been squashed. An extensive amount of testing has been put into this version so we can eliminate all bugs for your enjoyment.

Here is a list of the major changes:

- Added Pack-a-Punch 
- Finalized all regular weapons, including their respected PAP versions (Explosive/Flame/Wonder weapons are still to be fixed, but they are usable)
- Bouncing Betties
- UI Improvements
- Elevators
- Warehouse updates (easter egg, PAP, etc., zombie spawns that work outside of the first room)
- A-nub movement (see below)
- Removed achievements (fixes Round 5 crash)
- Custom Radio Sounds
- Weapon buying text can be hidden
- Teddy bears that remove targets (much like on Wahnsinn on Beta)
- Procore Game Mode
- Gun Game Game Mode (see below)
- Introduction text (edited BY map maker)
- Endgame entity (to end game by buying it)
- In-game scoreboard (accessed by pause menu)
- Unfinished 3rd person player animations

Unfortunately, I will not be releasing a copy with Dolphin Diving, despite the fact that it's an anticipated feature. It is "included" in the source, but no calls are present (or commented out). It is not fully finished, and I am not going to release a buggy copy.

A-Nub Movement

You are able to use the updated version of a-nub movement in the release by setting the value "0" to in_analog_strafe.

To do this, open "config.cfg" and go to "in_analog_strafe" and edit the "0" to be a "1". You can do this without needing a new EBOOT or anything special besides a text editor. 

Gun Game Game Mode

Selectable from the main menu, this game mode is much like the game mode associated with the multiplayer versions of Call of Duty. The game features a system where one of a select few of guns (determined by me for the most fun) will be provided for the user at the beginning of a round. Upon finishing the round, they will receive a new weapon. For all purposes, you will an infinite amount of magazines to reload from. 

Within this game mode, buying weapons from a wall will be disabled. This does include grenades. Using the mystery box is disabled and the model is actually removed from the level. 

Starting at round 15, your weapons will become Pack-a-Punched, and will remain to be Pack-a-Punched after 15 round. You will still be given a newer, Pack-a-Punched version of the original guns you are randomly generated. 

The game also has a callable nuke system...where every 1 minute, by double tapping select, the game can call a nuke to destroy any zombies within the level for 1500 points. 

This game mode is intended to be a challenge. I wanted to make a fun, silly game for this patch and I hope it suffices. 

The Issue

Understandably, using ripped content from other games is a no-no for most homebrew games. This game at its current state has evolved to include these World at War sounds in order to "emulate" a World at War feel. 

I do pick a side in using ripped content, and therefore I will be releasing two versions of the game: one with these ripped sounds, and another version where the sounds are restored to their ones featured in the original release from December 2014. 

You are free to pick whichever version you choose, as they both have the same program updates outside of sound differences. 

Downloads

So at this time I would like to thank you again for helping this come about, and here are your results! Thank you for playing.

Nazi Zombies Portable 1.0.5 Clean (original sounds)

Nazi Zombies Portable 1.0.5 Dirty (ripped sounds)

Nazi Zombies Portable 1.0.5 Source Code

Mappers! You can find the "updated" MAPPING .fgd file in the source code

Last edited by Naievil on Fri May 20, 2016 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

281NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Wed May 04, 2016 4:21 pm

true nightmare

true nightmare
Administrator
Administrator

Gun Game? Sweet!

Are you able to update the first post? Message me if no

https://www.youtube.com/user/turenightmare

282NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Wed May 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

true nightmare wrote:Gun Game? Sweet!

Are you able to update the first post? Message me if no

Just did. Thanks for offering though!

I will be posting writeups of all the new things that I have implemented for map makers and how to create them respectively

283NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Wed May 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Updates for Map Makers

Hiding "Press and Hold to buy xxx" Text

Right click and select the properties of your buy_weapon_touch and select the first spawnflag:

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 5LyQ2Sn

Rotating brushes (move about origin of map only)

Create a brush of any kind (works with a group as well) and create an entity from it (ctrl+t) and name the entity "func_rotating"

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 EJDMAWw

To edit the speed, make a value named "speed" and add the numerical value you wish to it (default is 100 if you don't add one)

To make it go in reverse, select the second spawnflag

To revolve around different axis', just select the corresponding spawnflag.

If you select to have your brush be solid, you are able to be hit by it, and it is ALSO able to screw with the zombie's waypointing.

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 FIPgPyj

Custom Radio Players

Create a new entity and name it "item_radio_player", and add a new key to be "targetsound" and write whichever sound you wish to use for the radio to play. These radios HAVE to be selected by the user.

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 8X9jnPt

If you do not wish to have the radio display text, do not touch any spawnflags. If you do want it to display text, hit "Display text" in the spawnflags.

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 EtRAwUL

Removable Brushes via shooting a Teddy

If you wish to remove brushes by shooting a teddy, you can do so by creating an entity called "teddy_spawn" and naming a target.

To add the target, add a "target" key and then give any name to your target (targetteddytoremove for example) as the value.

The target MUST be a brush, so create a new brush and name it "func_wall". Add a new key that is the name you assigned for your teddy's target, and set the value to it as well.

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 AiU285d

Elevators

Create a brush that you wish to be associated with an elevator (whether this be a platform, or a group that LOOKS like an elevator. Tie it to an entity (ctrl + t) and set a value for "plat_height" so that you can move somewhere. BY DEFAULT, an elevator will begin at the top (if the value for plat_height" is > 0, if it < 0, then you start at the bottom and will go up)

You can set a custom speed as well by editing the "speed" key.

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 EbEdbGQ

284NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Wed May 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

Two updates I have included in 1.0.5 that I never commented on:

We first have a brand new "low ammo" flashing icons

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 Hc5U9t9

Next we have included the pause menu scoreboard

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 HEdBWSw

285NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Thu May 05, 2016 1:07 pm

ADZIE95

ADZIE95

Are there other maps that work well with this patch other than NDU and Warehouse?

286NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Thu May 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

ADZIE95 wrote:Are there other maps that work well with this patch other than NDU and Warehouse?

Regular Warehouse is unfortunately broken, which I swear I checked, but that's not the point.

The point of gun game was to reduce lag on all maps, fun fact.

- Woodhut
- Corner

287NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Thu May 05, 2016 5:21 pm

ADZIE95

ADZIE95

are there plans on including new weapons?

288NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Thu May 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

ADZIE95 wrote:are there plans on including new weapons?

I released this patch 24 hours ago. Since then I have not worked on anything.

No new weapons besides ones I have models for that are given to me by the NZP team.

289NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Thu May 05, 2016 5:50 pm

ADZIE95

ADZIE95

Naievil wrote:

I released this patch 24 hours ago. Since then I have not worked on anything.

No new weapons besides ones I have models for that are given to me by the NZP team.

yeah i was wondering if anyone on the NZP team was designing new weapons, other than maps.

290NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Fri May 06, 2016 10:19 am

anass-nzp125

anass-nzp125
Mapper
Mapper

Nice work ! I'll get you a new map soon if i can to play with this great update !

[PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 - Page 12 T0TyjIb

291NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Mon May 09, 2016 8:19 am

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

Seems like Powerswitch is still pushing you thru the map... I cant believe that this old bug is still in the game :/

292NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Tue May 10, 2016 12:49 am

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

It wanted to clarify that this was a combination of a mapping bug combined with a qc bug...nevertheless both issues have been addressed

293NZP Demo Surprise B*tches. Mon May 16, 2016 8:07 am

Dunker12345

Dunker12345

Well, you guys certainly have been busy while I've been gone. It's nice to see that this community is still going strong.

Q: Will the 'no texture' thing be fixed? I don't want to be running around and be blinded with NO TEXTURE etched into my eyeballs.

294NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Mon May 16, 2016 10:20 am

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

So I'm going to just be honest and say that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...

295NZP Demo love it Tue May 17, 2016 6:30 am

jardo420

can sum 1 make a really fast map with pap plz lol

296NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Tue May 17, 2016 12:24 pm

dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse
Administrator
Administrator

Do it yourself...

297NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Tue May 17, 2016 1:40 pm

mofu23

mofu23
Mapper
Mapper

jardo420 wrote:can sum 1 make a really fast map with pap plz lol

You could easily just make a square room with a pack a punch and everything else with no effort at all.

298NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Tue May 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Naievil

Naievil
Staff
Staff

mofu23 wrote:

You could easily just make a square room with a pack a punch and everything else with no effort at all.

expect a map in the next hour with this exactly

299NZP Demo Re: [PATCH] NZP Unofficial Patch 1.0.5.1 Thu May 19, 2016 8:57 am

Derped_Crusader

Derped_Crusader

Would you be able to make a "soundless" version, one that doesn't load any sounds to RAM, because some of us don't use sound when we play, and it'd increase load times, and cut out a bit of the random stuttering while playing.

Also: don't try to PaP the M1911

http://ikill4fun32.com

300NZP Demo thx Fri May 20, 2016 7:09 am

PsycoMutt

i changed the in_mlook to "0" but no luck in activating a-nub movement. I used notepad if that matters. Thx so much for this i thought for sure this game dead until i found this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum